You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MSI/EXE or refund?

I've been told by IT support that our enterprise systems will not support MSIX any time in the near future.

As a result this software is useless to me where I need to use it most.

Will there be an exe/msi installer added or should I just refund it?

What's the deadline on getting a refund? I don't want to request a refund and then find in a month they provide an installer I can use and the sale is already over.

If I know there will be an alternative installer, I'm happy to keep using v1 until then. If one's not coming, I don't want to have wasted $100 USD that I can only use at home in my personal hours.

I don't know that to choose, I need answers. If there's no answer, can we get an extended refund period until it has been decided so we can make an informed decision?

3 minutes ago, MattyIsHere said:

I've been told by IT support that our enterprise systems will not support MSIX any time in the near future.

What's the deadline on getting a refund? I don't want to request a refund and then find in a month they provide an installer I can use and the sale is already over.

If I know there will be an alternative installer, I'm happy to keep using v1 until then. If one's not coming, I don't want to have wasted $100 USD that I can only use at home in my personal hours.

I don't know that to choose, I need answers. If there's no answer, can we get an extended refund period until it has been decided so we can make an informed decision?

Did you purchase licenses from the Affinity Store consumer page, small team micro-site or via Affinity corporate Team?

We have deployment options for corporate environments so it’d be worth speaking to the corporate team. 

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Did you purchase licenses from the Affinity Store consumer page, small team micro-site or via Affinity corporate Team?

We have deployment options for corporate environments so it’d be worth speaking to the corporate team. 

Consumer page. Our organisation doesn't do a whole lot of graphics work. Corporate IT is not very flexible in adding new stuff. That's why most of us who do purchase, purchase a private license. A few local IT staff have local install privileges, but the systems don't support MSIX. 

24 minutes ago, Designer1234 said:

You can try and check if everything works or there are still some missing functions etc :) 

Then I also wont know whether updates will cause issues. I just want a bit of transparency from Affinity to answer my questions. Only once I know whether they plan to support us properly can I decide whether I want will continue to use their software. It's unfortunate there's not an upgrade path, then I could refund and choose to buy again in the future if they fix it. But it looks like I wouldn't get and good pricing in that case.

8 hours ago, MattyIsHere said:

@MattyIsHereI have also posted about this.  I haven't heard anything. Its like they want to give out money back.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

Hi all. Thanks for your patience over the weekend when our offices were closed.

We've had a meeting this morning and decided to ALSO offer MSI installers to, those people who would like them. I can't tell you when this will happen, as there is engineering work that will be required to allow this to happen, but we hope it won't be long.

Thanks for your feedback!

17 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

We've had a meeting this morning and decided to offer MSI installers to those people who would like them. I can't tell you when this will happen, as there is engineering work that will be required to allow this to happen, but we hope it won't be long.

You should make a dedicated thread about it, to be sure everyone can see it.

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

We've had a meeting this morning and decided to ALSO offer MSI installers to, those people who would like them. I can't tell you when this will happen, as there is engineering work that will be required to allow this to happen, but we hope it won't be long.

Thank you so much for the answer! This is for sure the right decision and will make life easier for everyone. I agree with GenewalDesign, that comment deserves it's own thread.

I'm more that happy to wait, as long as I know it's coming.

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

This is welcome news. I have a Logitech mouse with a lot of programmable buttons I use for 2D and 3D programs. When first setting up a profile,  the Logitech G-Hub software needs the user to select the file path of the Affinity Photo exe to switch to the Affinity profile when the program is active. Almost impossible to do without taking ownership of the "WindowsApps" folder to gain access to the Affinity install directory and file path.