You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Advanced text features, and the Affinity Publisher delay

Apologies if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find the relevant info.

I know that most of the advanced text handling was to be released with Affinity Publisher, and I can understand/appreciate why.  So I'm just curious, now that Publisher has been delayed for a bit, do you think any of those features will make it into Designer this year?

In particular, I'm interested in flowing text between linked text boxes, and optical tab stops.

Thanks.

I'd also need pages and page numbers as I thought publisher would be late 2015 and I think something like pages and text flowing boxes is not really a magic to implement so that would make up the most part of the publisher delay for me.

But I think it's most likely they don't add text flowing boxes to designer to keep the apps differentiating. I was even suborder that they want to add pages.

I think it's most likely they don't add text flowing boxes to designer to keep the apps differentiating.

That's what I was thinking... but a man can dream.

It's one of the few things I can't do (flowing text) when working on smaller items like DLs/Menus, that are otherwise just as efficient in Designer as Illustrator.

optical tab stops … what do you mean exactly?

When you open the tab panel in Illustrator/InDesign, you can attach it to the top of a text box and physically move the tab stops around... it makes life very simple when formatting text in menus and things like that.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/tabs.html

It's not something that's the end of the world or anything, but it's an excellent feature that really saves time and painful trial and error guess work.