You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very strange behaviour with linked affphoto-files (changes only in original file)

toniclife

In V1 the behaviour with linked Photo-files was like this: When I changed e.g. some text in the linked file within publisher by double-clicking on it the text only disappeared in the pubisher document, but not in the original Photo-file - I liked that, because I often have to modify a Photo-file in the background but not the original file.

In V2 the behaviour is opposite: The original file is altered, but the appearance in Publisher stays the same - I have to manually replace the linked file with itself. Don't know if this is intended but I don't like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@toniclife In Publisher V2, can you take me through your workflow step by step or do a screen recording as its something I can currently replicate.

Workflow example:

1. Start a new blank document, make sure Image Placement is set to Preferred Linked
  2. Use File > Place to insert an .afphoto file
  3. Double click the placed .afphoto
  4. A new tab will open with the file ready to be edited
  5. Make an adjustment and close tab
  6. Receive prompt to save, it should then switch back to the original document and show the updated version. You may also see a small message indicating the resource has been updated.