Sign in to follow this  
sandfraeulein

How to fill a polygon path with hatching/patterns (continious strips in Black/white)

Hello,

today it would be great if someone can tell me how to fill a polygon path (it looks like a cloud) with a hatching?

I only need simple uniform stripes (alternating black and white coloured) within this polygon, but I can´t find how to generate them.

(If there is also a possibility to adjust the width of the stripes: I´m interested in the solution. For me it is sufficient if all stripes have the same width.)

I would be very thankful if someone could give me a detailed description as my experience with Affinity design is quite low.

Thanks in advance!

Best,

sandfraeulein

There’s a simple way, sandfräulein:

• Create an array of strokes, for example, by drawing one stroke, adjusting its parameters, duplicating the stroke to another place (Command + Drag), and immediately hitting Command + J afterwards, in order to duplicate it as many times as you want.
  • Place your shape on top of the strokes.
  • Select all strokes and clip them to the shape by making them a child of the shape in the layers list. Of course you can choose a different colour for your shape or make it even completely transparent.

A video about the clipping and masking capabilities of Affinity Designer can be found here:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4069-layer-clipping-vs-layer-masking/?p=16825

But you can also use a bitmap fill, if you want to have raster elements in your drawing … just ask, if you want to have more information about this … there are also video tutorials on Affinity’s Vimeo page …

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-98600000-1453209652_thumb.png

Hatching.afdesign