You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing color of eyeglasses

Josie

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Josie,

This would be the same process mentioned in previous threads you have made, you should just need to select the glasses using a marquee selection tool if and then apply a HSL filter to the selection and adjust the filter to get the colours you want.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

On 12/18/2022 at 9:15 PM, Josie said:

I’ve rasteurized the image, did a selection around the image and added HSL slider and it’s still not working to change the eyeglasses color.

Thanks

Untitled.png

which app are you using? in AD it should be very easy to recolour...

I suggest using the Recolor adjustment layer first, and then apply the HSL adjustment above it.

With Recolor, you would first want to turn up the lightness and then adjust the color. Then the HSL adjustment will allow you to make additional changes, such as further changes to Lightness/Hue/Saturation.

I'm not really sure what you're going for. What color(s) are the hat and moustache supposed to be? It would help if you showed the current layer stack, or provide the actual .afphoto file (although I don't have v2 yet since I'm waiting for the MSI package).

I believe that there are several ways to isolate the adjustments to just the eyeglass layer. You could clip them into the eyeglass layer itself so that they affect just the glasses. You could also select the eyeglass layer and the adjustment layers and group them together (Control-G or Command-G). Alternatively, if you're happy with the way the other elements of the image look, you could bring those layers to the top of the stack so that the adjustments are underneath the glasses and the adjustments to the glasses.

Untitled 3.png
I want this looking a]exactly like the photo with the hat behind the glasses but every time I do that it changes to all orange because of the recolor filter and the HSL filter.

‘So could you please show me how to do that without the hat changing color on me all the time

Thanks

Untitled 7.png

And afterwards (after what @iconoclastsuggests above), you may want to drag the glasses layer on top of the whole group (...since in the shown T-Shirt image, the glasses are arranged slightly on top of the hat part).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2