You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mirror mode when moving nodes?

Hi,

I have a quick question.

I wonder if there's mirroring nodes in affinity designer 2.

For example, if there's a square and each nodes have Name A, B, C, and D like this:

A      B

C      D

I want to move A to the left so that the B corner moves to the right for the same amount of pixel.

And  also when I adjust the line AC I want the line BD to be adjusted the same too.

Any help?

Thank you :)

Welcome to the forum @JaellyPie

Click on the Transform in the context menu, Select node A and B and hold down the CMD key (Ctrl on Win) now move one of the nodes.

Edited by firstdefence
Missed a step so added for correct procedure and to cover my track lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

6 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Welcome to the forum @JaellyPie

Select node A and B and hold down the CMD key (Ctrl on Win) now move one of the nodes.

Thank you for the comment but it doesn't work. For me there's nothing difference doing that with or without Ctrl key.

They just move to the same direction. 

Oops forgot to mention you need to click on Transform on the context menu 

image.png.b846500a640b6e685de7053de0e36d54.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

11 minutes ago, JaellyPie said:

Thank you  so much, it was really helpful for me! I appreciate it so much 

You're welcome, sorry for the missed step. ☺️