You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Extremely long time to open a raw file compared to V1

Claudio60

Hi all, I'm evaluating AP v2 (trial mode) for eventually upgrade and I noticed that opening a raw file (.orf) takes from 13 to 16 sec. in V2  and only 3-4  sec. in V1 (hardware  acceleration OFF in both AP versions); my old Alienware notebook  is running win 10 21h2, i7-3610QM, 12gb ram, crucial m500 sd, radeon 7970m 2gb with no hardware acceleration capability  and no chance  to update the drivers as my graphic card is not more  supported by AMD.   Any ideas about this poor  performance?

I made the same test on my Surface pro 7+ with i5, 8gb ram, Iris xe, win 11 21h2 and with this machine there's only a  little  difference between v1 and v2 when opening a raw file (hardware acceleration ON); is it something changed in the raw engine? Because the very poor performance that I have with v2 is limited only when opening raw files and not jpeg.

Edited by Claudio60
additional tests

I've found what is impacting the slow opening of the raw file: in AP v2 my cpu usage  goes to 100% while with the same file in AP v1 goes to 68%; I don't know if it is something that could be addressed with a future patch or it's only AP v2 who's now more CPU demanding and my notebook can't take anymore, in this case I'll have to stay with V1.