You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alien Skin Software

• Staff

Hi Maldenite,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Photoshop Plug-ins support is still being worked on in Affinity Photo. I've tested Exposure X and Snap Art 4 myself but as you discovered they aren't working. I would advise you to also request this to Alien Skin Software support so they know you're interested in having their plug-ins working with Affinity apps. They can make all difference if they add Affinity Photo as one of their supported hosts app.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

According to Alien Skin (as of September 2017):

"At this time Affinity Photo will not work as a host program for Alien Skin products. We've tested it periodically and at this point the integration of Photoshop compatible plug-ins seems incomplete."

I don't know who is responsible for the lack of adequate integration (from my perspective, both companies do terrific work), but that's Alien's customer service reply when I asked about the current state of integration between Alien and Affinity.

(FYI: I use Windows, if that makes a difference).

Thanks!

1 hour ago, imagegod said:

According to Alien Skin (as of September 2017):

"At this time Affinity Photo will not work as a host program for Alien Skin products. We've tested it periodically and at this point the integration of Photoshop compatible plug-ins seems incomplete."

I think this is their way of saying that Affinity Photo does not support certain features of Photoshop (most probably Photoshop Actions) that their plug-ins depend on to work. The closest thing to PS Actions in AP is Macros, but in its current state is quite limited & unable to support the more powerful features of Actions.

So for this, "incomplete integration" really means "incomplete inclusion of equivalent features."

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7