You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In painting brush

This tool does not exist in my Affinity, unless it is under another name ? I have tied other tools but not the right ones, I do not get the red over marking, highlighting what has to be removed.The brush appears in the tutorials I have watched, in prep for getting AP

Another strange thing, is that the tool dock is very small up the left hand side when the prog is opened, can it be enlarged as in the Mac dock ?

• Staff

Hi GeeJay

Welcome to Affinity Forums  :)

The Inpainting Tool is only available in the Photo Persona (first icon on the top left of the interface right below the traffic lights). To access it, click on the small triangle near the Healing Brush Tool (the 6th icon counting from bottom) then select it from the popup menu (it's the second icon counting from bottom).

post-59-0-76028400-1453152133_thumb.jpg

Regarding your second question, there's no way to enlarge the icons in the toolbar.

Hi GeeJay,

in my tutorial "Disintegration Effect" I used that tool to erase the woman.

https://youtu.be/RH_PWH4pV20

Ciao Jack

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

Thanks MEB,

I finally got to find out where the in painting tool was, I had totally forgotten about the small triangles in the icon boxes, the same as PS I believe, but stopped using this when I moved to Lightroom.

Regarding the re sizing of the icons in the tool dock, on all the demos I have seen the dock extends almost the full size of the App window when AP is opened, on my screen the dock barely extends to half the hight of the App, making them quite small to identify, I think there must be somewhere to enlarge them to better fir the screen height,

Grahame