You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Diner logo and wall jukebox, designer vector

stojames

Wife and I went to a 50’s style diner (Bel Air) and they had a wall jukebox (brought back old memories of playing music on jukeboxes) at our booth. I took a photo of it and their logo signs. I thought I would try creating vector images of their logo and the wall jukebox. I put all the song text inside the jukebox. The letter and number keys really were not perfectly the same. The cards inside the jukebox with the song titles were in rough shape (I didn’t try to duplicate that). I then created a counter with stools and root beer floats and a neon style Diner sign to add something extra.

Hope somebody likes it. 

BellAirDiner.png

Here is a screen shot of close up view of song cards inside the jukebox. These were the songs and artists in the jukebox I took a photo of, so I just used the same ones. The metal bars at bottom for rotating the sheets of songs available. 

Close up of song cards inside jukebox.png

Thanks @dannyg9 for the comments. Yes, I did this a while ago and since I took the photo at an angle and I used that as my reference, I got stuck trying to get perspective of things correct. I tried my best with the rotation and skew transformation settings, but just couldn’t get things exactly right. I think if I did it again in v2 with the warp perspective, it could be easier and better. I put a lot of hours into these projects. I did it for fun and another step in learning.