You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color differences roundtripping from LR in ProPhoto

Hi Guys,

I Really like both AP and AD, I am however stumbling upon a problem using different colour profiles when roundtripping via tiff from lightroom (version 4). Simply put, when using sRGB and Adobe RGB the colours in LR (library module) and AP are consistent. Using the ProPhoto profile however, the colours are 'wrong'/different in AP as are the grey levels. I searched the forum but could not find a suitable answer. Any editing using this preferred profile is therefore pointless.

I also checked the file in preview and Pixelmator, both were next to identical to the LR view leaving only AP different.

I am attaching two screen shots; one from LR in library module, the other from AP. Same tiff file. Also a screenshot from the file information is attached.

The ProPhoto icc is available on my system.

System Information:

2013 Mac Pro, Dual D300

Lightroom 4.4

AP 1.4

Spyder 3 Color Calibration (also checked with the default profile from apple, no joy)

Hope you can help or fix the problem.

Wouter

post-25844-0-48170300-1453143310_thumb.png

post-25844-0-73141900-1453143319_thumb.png

post-25844-0-99823400-1453143332_thumb.png

Thanks Stefano, no I actually wasn't aware of ongoing beta versions. I installed it through the Mac App Store. Suggestions where to find the latest versions with change logs?

Btw the version of the Spyder Software is 4.0.7 not 3. Don't think it'll matter much, but still prefer to post correct information :-)

• Staff

Hi wouter,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

You can find the latest Betas pinned at the top of their respective sections in the main Affinity Beta Support section.

Here the link for the latest Affinity Photo Beta 1.4.1 (beta 4). Remember to keep the Mac App Store version installed since its needed to validate/run the Beta. The log is on the same thread/post.