here are two problems I experienced in Affinity Photo 2. First, the specs:

• MacBook Pro 16'' 2019
  • 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
  • macOS Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400)
  • Performance settings:

Settings.png.dc4629514226658a466c7db193d88908.png

— Problem A. I am consistently losing the brush outline (not the brush preview) after drawing a few strokes. The outline will be replaced by the Arrow Pointer, and I will have to zoom in and out to get the brush outline back.

EDIT. Already logged with the development team.

— Problem B. Affinity Photo will often become unresponsive when I try to save an (opened PSD) file for the first time to the desktop. I will have to force quit the application to proceed. Version 1 handles the same file without problems. The respective reports were sent through the Apple Problem Reporter.

Thanks for having a look,

Alex 😀

— Problem C. Here’s another one. Sometimes the Pinch to Zoom gesture on the internal trackpad of the MBP gets disabled without rhyme or reason. I don’t know what triggers that behavior. I will have to go into System Settings, uncheck and recheck the respective option to make Pinch to Zoom work again. It is weird and disrupts the workflow.

However, I’m not sure whether this is an Affinity Suite problem or rather a Ventura-related issue, as I found this post on Reddit, related to macOS Monterey (I had recently updated from Catalina to Ventura):

Trackpad-Bug.png.d93f5faa28b4611f9cbbb43a9eeaef1f.png

Is there a way to fix this? Does anyone know?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @A_B_C Thanks for the reports, some are already logged with the developers, others I can reproduce at the moment but will continue testing.

In reference to the .PSD file, saving to the desktop I assume you're using File > Save/Save As to save to our native file format?

On 11/12/2022 at 2:01 PM, A_B_C said:

Customise-Toolbar.mov 9.54 MB · 0 downloads

Not something I can currently replicate, however I am testing on a desktop with mouse

On 11/12/2022 at 11:25 PM, A_B_C said:

— Problem E. Photo crashes immediately when I try to replace an embedded image by another using the Replace Image button on the context toolbar. 😿

Where are the images being loaded from?

On 11/12/2022 at 11:43 PM, A_B_C said:

— Problem F. As described by others, the first startup of all apps of the Affinity Suite is very slow — to give a ballpark figure, about 30 seconds. The second startup is faster then, about 5 seconds.

This is a known issue, logged with the developers.

For each report we could do a crash report for that instance to review, See this FAQ article on how to retrieve. They ideally want to be renamed for each one for example Replacing image crash.

Thanks for checking out. 🙂

— Problem D. I can confirm that the Customize Toolbar issue does not happen when you use a mouse. So it is trackpad-related. Please check with a MacBook Pro and the internal trackpad.

— Problem E. Cannot reproduce the problem anymore, unfortunately. Images were loaded from desktop or a folder inside my user folder. Crash logs not available anymore (system cleanup).