You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iCloud Folders

cgpwhite83

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've got this same problem. Both Photo and Publisher both have iCloud folders, along with the Save 'Affinity Publisher/Photo - iCloud' folder drop-down option, but Designer has neither. I've tried saving from Designer in both iPad and macOS and it never appears, as well as reinstalling Designer. It is the only Affinity app however that has a 'On my iPad' Affinity Designer folder. iCloud sync is on for all three Affinity apps.

I'm running the latest non-beta versions of Affinity v2 apps, along with the latest iPadOS and macOS versions and updates.

• 3 months later...
  • Staff

Hi @SrBrits,

If you're on Mac you could try Unsyncing and then re-syncing the app to iCloud From System Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive > Apps Syncing > Toggle the Affinity App off > Done > Go back in and Toggle the app back on > Done. Once you've done this if you open up the Affinity App and go to File > Save as, you should have the option in the Finder sidebar to save to the App's iCloud folder.

There is a known issue currently logged with the developers with the iCloud app folders not becoming available on the iCloud web app so it's possible that the folder may not be available when viewed on the Web. Personally i'd suggest just creating a folder on your iCloud drive manually and saving your docs that, as this avoids potential issues, and i'm not aware of any major advantages to using the app generated iCloud folder.

Thanks for your answer @NathanC

I'm using my own generated folder. And the only thing is that it was nice to have a Folder with the icon (nothing else, really). I’ve already done what you suggested, but it didn’t work. Thank you anyway.

Edited by SrBrits