You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refusal of payment

3 minutes ago, anuruddha said:

That's how bank works. Whey you paid something online bank will reserve that money until the transaction complete. If the merchant didn't accept your payment bank will release the hold and money will be available back to you. It takes couple of days to continue. I think there is a issue with Braintree payment gateway. Why don't you try with Visa or PayPal. 

In this case we talk about 10 days not just "couple of days". And I do not want to try with PayPal  while I have money in the limbo. Many people think that "there is a issue with Braintree payment gateway"

• Staff
1 minute ago, Silva said:

Many people think that "there is a issue with Braintree payment gateway"

Taken from - https://www.paypal-status.com/product/production

image.png

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Silva said:

In this case we talk about 10 days not just "couple of days". And I do not want to try with PayPal  while I have money in the limbo. Many people think that "there is a issue with Braintree payment gateway"

Don't worry your money won't go anywhere because Serif didn't accept your payment due to Braintree issue. Bank will revert the transaction. You just need to purchase it again with Visa card or PayPal.

Isn't it suspicious only the payments with PayPal work fine as Braintree is now owned by PayPal?

2 minutes ago, anuruddha said:

Don't worry your money won't go anywhere because Serif didn't accept your payment due to Braintree issue. Bank will revert the transaction. You just need to purchase it again with Visa card or PayPal.

I am not worried. I will not get any richer or poorer  with 120 euros less or more. But the waiting, the silence,  blaming someone else... this pi..es me off.

16 minutes ago, Silva said:

Isn't it suspicious only the payments with PayPal work fine as Braintree is now owned by PayPal?

I am not worried. I will not get any richer or poorer  with 120 euros less or more. But the waiting, the silence,  blaming someone else... this pi..es me off.

I can feel your frustration. Serif seriously needs to dump Braintree and go with reliable payment gateway like Authorizenet or  Worldpay.

same issue over here, tried alot to buy and the site give me refuse.. then i back to my bank account and the sum of license is hold from my bank account and no licens appers on my account
the bank told me the transaction is done on his side and i have to check with the seller "affinty" and give me the transaction referance number 
i have e-mailed the support and wait and see

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Our team on social media have confirmed that the sale will last until 14th December, and I am certain we can uphold the sale price for any users having trouble with payment currently.

As I've confirmed earlier in this thread, (and I've checked again with our team now) - there are no issues showing on our end, with the Affinity Store, or with Braintree.
We are able to make/take payments currently, as the majority of purchases on the Affinity Store are completing successfully.

I'm not sure what statement or similar you are hoping Serif can offer - as currently there are no issues showing with our systems, or our test purchases.

For any user here that hasn't already, please email affinityorders@serif.com and our team will reply to you as soon as possible.

The error message shown above clearly shows that the issue lies with your payment provider and not Affinity, please contact your bank or change card you are using.

Oh okey. I used both my Visa card and Mastercard and both showed the same error message. Noted that the Visa card is the very same I used to purchase V1 Affinity Designer, so I have no idea why it is getting the error response now. At this point you are forcing me to use PayPal which is not an option for me sadly. If the offer will really last till 14th December... maybe situation will somehow improve till then.

Edited by Ola12
spelling mistake

Further to my post about the additional credit card security measures required these days. I have been buying plants every year for over ten years. This year, today, my payment was rejected by Mastercard here in the UK. After reading all these posts I had a closer look at the plant nursery website. Sure enough, there at the bottom was the logo for Braintree. I phoned the nursery and they said check with Mastercard as to why the card failed. I didn't bother, I paid over the phone. As a 'very, very small subset' member I wonder when Affinity realises it's Braintree causing this disaster? Thank you Silva for the Trust-Pilot link, it's hard to believe a company is that bad.

51 minutes ago, PeterRL said:

Further to my post about the additional credit card security measures required these days. I have been buying plants every year for over ten years. This year, today, my payment was rejected by Mastercard here in the UK. After reading all these posts I had a closer look at the plant nursery website. Sure enough, there at the bottom was the logo for Braintree. I phoned the nursery and they said check with Mastercard as to why the card failed. I didn't bother, I paid over the phone. As a 'very, very small subset' member I wonder when Affinity realises it's Braintree causing this disaster? Thank you Silva for the Trust-Pilot link, it's hard to believe a company is that bad.

You nailed it. Serif needs to dump Braintree and go with a reliable payment gateway. I can't understand Serif management still did nothing about it. They should have a backup payment gateway if one fails. But sadly they haven't got any.   

1 hour ago, PeterRL said:

You are welcome.

6 hours ago, anuruddha said:

No se preocupe, su dinero no irá a ninguna parte porque Serif no aceptó su pago debido a un problema con Braintree. El banco revertirá la transacción. Solo necesita comprarlo nuevamente con tarjeta Visa o PayPal.

I don't think this is a completely correct solution, I live in Chile and they don't allow me to pay with paypal...

He told my serif Adam that the three payments I made were rejected, but now I am waiting for my bank to answer me for the 350 dollars that still do not appear in my bank, this is frustrating, very very frustrating, I just wait that this problem be solved for everyone because the only thing we want is to pay for the products that we like so much since we trust the company and we are honest users who do not want to hack any affinit program and we want to contribute economically to Serif so that it continues to grow and doing a great job, but unfortunately that payment platform is a disaster and is leaving Serif very badly.

Hola! aqui desde España otra persona que paga la licencia universal y le da error diciendo que "ha sido rechazada por el banco"  pero en el banco aparece dos veces cargada. y el banco dice que me ponga en contacto con Affinity para solucionarlo. 

Nadie responde a los mails, ni a los tweets. En Affinity NO HAY NADIE A BORDO. Esto es una vergüenza. 

A parte del entuerto económico. ¿Va a pagar a Affinity el tiempo que nos hace perder?. No compro sus programas para perder el tiempo. Esto es un insulto a los usuarios y mas si cabe,  a los profesionales.

Espero que un moderador me conteste al menos. Estoy cansado de enviar mails y tweets.

Un saludo.

pagado con Mastercard.

Hello! Here from Spain another person who pays for the universal license and gets an error saying that "it has been rejected by the bank" but the bank appears charged twice. and the bank says to contact Affinity to fix it.

No one responds to emails or tweets. In Affinity THERE IS NO ONE ON BOARD. This is a shame.

Apart from the economic mess. Are you going to pay Affinity for the time it makes us lose? I don't buy your programs to waste time. This is an insult to the users and even more so, to the professionals.

I hope a moderator will answer me at least. I'm tired of sending emails and tweets.

All the best.

For all of us experiencing similar payment and licensing problems. It seems that Serif is NOT LISTENING or taking this issue for granted. I urge you to write a bad review on their apple App store and request apple to pull out their apps until Serif gets their act together! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Staff
16 hours ago, christopher vector said:

the three payments I made were rejected

If your payments were rejected, Serif have not received any money.

15 hours ago, Vik88 said:

Hi, another customer waiting for a response. I tried 2 times buying with VISA, got an error, but the charges apllied in my account... 

Apologies, as mentioned our team are very busy at the moment, but we'll be sure to reply ASAP.

15 hours ago, Raw said:

y le da error diciendo que "ha sido rechazada por el banco"  pero en el banco aparece dos veces cargada

Si el banco ha rechazado el pago, Serif no ha recibido ningún dinero y no es Serif quien toma esta decisión.

Nuestro equipo se asegurará de responderle lo antes posible para confirmarlo.

9 hours ago, cris.denopol said:

It seems that Serif is NOT LISTENING or taking this issue for granted

I've replied to almost every post in this thread, providing evidence for the information I'm giving, so I'm not sure what you mean by this.

9 hours ago, cris.denopol said:

I urge you to write a bad review on their apple App store and request apple to pull out their apps

This post is regarding purchases from the Affinity Store, it has nothing to do with Apple, or the App Store - I don't believe you can leave a review having not purchased the app from the app store, so again I'm not sure what relevance this has here.

Any further 'call to arms' posts here on our forums may result in your posts being removed. Please familiarise yourself with our Guidelines.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Definitely.

The bank withholds two universal license purchases from me because buying at Affinity is IMPOSSIBLE.

Remember that people have made several purchases due to errors on your payment platform where it told us to try again. It is Afffnity's fault and Affinity is obligated to provide a solution.

The bank does not release these charges because it says that it is Affinity who must return it because the purchase is recorded in my bank and twice!

Accept that the error is yours and give a damn solution. We are thousands of users who have paid our license, they have withheld the money and we have not received anything. Stop treating us like minors.

Translate: 

En definitiva.

El banco me retiene dos compras de la licencia universal porque comprar en Affinity es IMPOSIBLE.

Recuerde que la gente hemos hecho varias compras por los errores de su plataforma de pago donde nos indicaba que volvieramos a intentarlo. Es culpa de Afffnity y Affinity está obligada a dar una solución.

El banco no me libera esos cargos porque dice que es Affinity quien debe devolverlo porque en mi banco consta la compra y por dos veces!!

Acepten que el error es vuestro y den una madita solución. Somos miles de usuarios los que hemos abonado nuestra licencia, nos han retenido el dinero y no hemos recibido nada. Dejen de tratarnos como a menores.

I'm going to add my voice to this thread too. I apparently went through 3 transactions for a Affinity universal license, with no visible confirmation of purchase whatsoever. Later in the day I see that I have 3 reserved payments totaling almost 400 euro. I only ever wanted 1 license. The purchases was on 11th November, and I've been waiting for an email response since then. My bank said to contact the company I made the purchase from. My bank is not releasing the charges..

• Staff

I'm locking this thread as most users who have experienced issues regarding payment have made other threads asking for help. Our Customer Service team are working through all forum replies, emails and social contacts as fast as they can and will reply to your thread as soon as possible.

In the meantime, please read the below FAQ which explains the issues you're encountering and why. Please try to avoid creating multiple posts/threads/emails about the same issue - it won't make the Customer Service team work any quicker than they already are. As it mentions in the banner above, thank you for your continued patience.