You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refusal of payment

Ditto To everything everyone above has said, only difference is i tried 4 ways, hoping now i don't have 4 payments in waiting, a possible issue is my bank needs a verification code and affinity payment process does not have this at any step of the process and quite likely why it wont accept, this may be the same issue for others, paypal sounds like a bit of hit n miss too but we don't all have paypal to use anyhow, so thats not a good solution to offer.

Since affinity/serif has a lot of folks calling out about this with no help or solutions, and it seems it there was a similar issue back in 2020 and 2021, and that ive had no other transaction issues, plus the many different banks people are with, I'm going to highly doubt its my bank, i think we need some upper hierarchy on this and fast.

Affinity you have worked uber hard to bring us this software from day one, don't let yourself and your customers down now.

Sincerely hoping i get the Discounted price i tried for in the next day or so, i would dearly love to brag about my V2 suite.

5 minutes ago, Agaatha said:

Ditto To everything everyone above has said, only difference is i tried 4 ways, hoping now i don't have 4 payments in waiting, a possible issue is my bank needs a verification code and affinity payment process does not have this at any step of the process and quite likely why it wont accept, this may be the same issue for others, paypal sounds like a bit of hit n miss too but we don't all have paypal to use anyhow, so thats not a good solution to offer.

Since affinity/serif has a lot of folks calling out about this with no help or solutions, and it seems it there was a similar issue back in 2020 and 2021, and that ive had no other transaction issues, plus the many different banks people are with, I'm going to highly doubt its my bank, i think we need some upper hierarchy on this and fast.

Affinity you have worked uber hard to bring us this software from day one, don't let yourself and your customers down now.

Sincerely hoping i get the Discounted price i tried for in the next day or so, i would dearly love to brag about my V2 suite.

What seems to be emerging is that the problem does not lie with Affinity, and it does not lie (wholly) with the many banks involved. It MUST therefore lie with Affinity's payment contractor.Braintree. I hope I have successfully contacted Serif (the owner of Affinity) and that the issue will be taken up with the senior management, the marketing and accounts departments on Monday. Affinity is a great product,and the CEO, Ash, appears to be a good leader. I hope he is tough enough to probe this issue and resolve it before it damages the Affinity brand

7 hours ago, GrahamMYC said:

What seems to be emerging is that the problem does not lie with Affinity, and it does not lie (wholly) with the many banks involved. It MUST therefore lie with Affinity's payment contractor.Braintree. I hope I have successfully contacted Serif (the owner of Affinity) and that the issue will be taken up with the senior management, the marketing and accounts departments on Monday. Affinity is a great product,and the CEO, Ash, appears to be a good leader. I hope he is tough enough to probe this issue and resolve it before it damages the Affinity brand

It's either Serif or their payment partners, I don't know which and frankly don't care. There are people from all over, using different banks. It's not very plausible that several banks across the world are all collectively failing. I bought some stuff on Steam yesterday, same card, same bank and payment went through fine, and I got my stuff.

Serif seems to be doing absolutely nothing about this. "It's a small subset of users" well then guess we'll just go to hell then? How would Serif feel about handing out the license to this "small subset" of users, after all it can't be too big of a loss since it's such a small number of people and doesn't warrant any response or immediate action... 

Having a problem is one thing; having no meaningful response or public statement to address the issues, no replies from support and only excuses is just incompetent.

I have been able to establish that since March this year, companies have been required to have second level authorisation on on-line transactions. This is not happening, and that is why the payments are being declined. This has to be put right by Serif/Affinity and/or its payment transaction company.

1 hour ago, GrahamMYC said:

I have been able to establish that since March this year, companies have been required to have second level authorisation on on-line transactions. This is not happening, and that is why the payments are being declined. This has to be put right by Serif/Affinity and/or its payment transaction company.

If by second level authorization you mean getting a code on your phone that you have to input, I even got that, and the payment still "failed" and charged my card anyway. If it's something else, then yeah IDK. I'm running out of patience. Going to chargeback if I don't get a solution from Affinity today.

• Staff

As mentioned, for any users experiencing payment issues, please email affinityorders@serif.com - we have received thousands of emails since releasing V2 and our team are working through these as quickly as possible.

Any 'Pending' transactions is money held by your bank, not by Affinity - we do not receive the payment until it has passed this Pending stage.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

12 minutes ago, Dan C said:

As mentioned, for any users experiencing payment issues, please email affinityorders@serif.com - we have received thousands of emails since releasing V2 and our team are working through these as quickly as possible.

Any 'Pending' transactions is money held by your bank, not by Affinity - we do not receive the payment until it has passed this Pending stage.

The problem is that we know there is a problem that you cannot address directly, but who is doing what about it? Please get someone to make some kind of statement 

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Como se mencionó, para cualquier usuario que experimente problemas de pago, envíe un correo electrónico a affinityorders@serif.com ; hemos recibido miles de correos electrónicos desde el lanzamiento de V2 y nuestro equipo está trabajando en ellos lo más rápido posible.

Cualquier transacción 'Pendiente' es dinero retenido por su banco, no por Affinity; no recibimos el pago hasta que haya pasado esta etapa Pendiente.

friend... Dear friend;  this is happening to many users I have spoken with people on Facebook who are experiencing something similar to my case... I sent an email to the address you gave me with evidence on Friday morning... and 4 days have already passed and they still don't answer me or give me a solution... I need them to answer me and verify the payments and if the payments really didn't go through, let them deny them with proof so I can claim the bank and get the 350 dollars back...

4 hours ago, Dan C said:

Como se mencionó, para cualquier usuario que experimente problemas de pago, envíe un correo electrónico a affinityorders@serif.com ; hemos recibido miles de correos electrónicos desde el lanzamiento de V2 y nuestro equipo está trabajando en ellos lo más rápido posible.

Cualquier transacción 'Pendiente' es dinero retenido por su banco, no por Affinity; no recibimos el pago hasta que haya pasado esta etapa Pendiente.

i just want to get my money back and buy my universal license.  I don't want to be stuck in this nightmare...

• Staff
2 minutes ago, christopher vector said:

I sent an email to the address you gave me with evidence on Friday morning... and 4 days have already passed and they still don't answer me or give me a solution

Sorry to hear this, as mentioned we are receiving literally thousands of emails per day currently and as it was a weekend, there was a reduced number of staff working.

We're working hard to respond to these emails, and you will receive a response from our team as soon as possible.

4 minutes ago, christopher vector said:

I need them to answer me and verify the payments and if the payments really didn't go through, let them deny them with proof so I can claim the bank and get the 350 dollars back

The team will be able to confirm this for you via email, as I don't personally have access to the payments systems, however if the transaction Failed and this purchase is showing as 'pending' in your bank then as mentioned above, any 'Pending' transactions is money held by your bank, not by Affinity - we do not receive the payment until it has passed this Pending stage.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

5 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Lamento escuchar esto, como se mencionó, actualmente estamos recibiendo literalmente miles de correos electrónicos por día y, como era un fin de semana, había una cantidad reducida de personal trabajando.

Estamos trabajando arduamente para responder a estos correos electrónicos y recibirá una respuesta de nuestro equipo lo antes posible.

El equipo podrá confirmar esto por usted por correo electrónico, ya que personalmente no tengo acceso a los sistemas de pago, sin embargo, si la transacción falló y esta compra aparece como 'pendiente' en su banco, como se mencionó anteriormente, cualquier ' Las transacciones pendientes son dinero retenido por su banco, no por Affinity; no recibimos el pago hasta que haya pasado esta etapa Pendiente.

It may be that the problem is not with affinity but with their payment system... I don't know, but if you are part of their team, could you speed up my case? I can send you the Tíkect number so that they respond to me faster, my case is one of the most serious, there are 3 payments that are in limbo and nobody is responsible ... they are 350 dollars and I still do not have kis serif products ... for please i need help.

• Staff

I certainly understand, I have requested this with our team but I can make no guarantees as all of our customers are equally awaiting a response.

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

@christopher vector, I have hidden your previous post as this isn't the intended use of the forums. Please reply to our team if you have received an email from them, and they'll continue to support you there.

Again, I am part of the Technical support team and I don't have access to the same systems our Orders team does.

Please note -

Many thanks!

Sounds like I'm not the only one having an issue submitting payment for v2. I keep getting a Red banner across the bottom of the web page after I submit my card info. The message in the banner reads something along the line of " 3D verification required". \

The order of events goes like this:

I fill in all the payment info. I click on the submit button and the screen clears. Then a small window appears, with nothing in it, for a couple of seconds. Then the red banner shows up and I'm back on the order page.

WTH ???

Everything goes ok till I accept the last confirmation button after verification. Ngl I'm kind of annoyed right now as this situation haven't changed for me since Saturday. At this point I'm worried that either the offer will end without me being able to purchase the v2 package or my money will be taken without giving me my product. It makes my anxiety skyrocket and lack of the acknowledgment form their side makes it even worse. They should address it as quickly as possible on their social media to calm people down.

626992650_Affinityproblem.thumb.jpg.1c970e9572432d454cd2e0a75493140f.jpg

This is getting frustrating. I was told that my bank can not do nothing when the payment is done via card and that I simply have to wait till the cancellation date  (19.11.2022) and if I do not have the product (which I will not) to reclaim. Affinity says this is not their fault (I think it is) and the bank says the same. I apologize it is my fault. It is my fault I wanted to support a company. It is my fault I wanted to buy the universal license for my daughter to learn Affinity's products. The damage is done.

It is frustrating that so many people from all over the world have the same problem and the fault is not in the single junction point but in so many different banks. I waited for six days and now I am told to wait for four days more. Yeah, that's nice. And in the meantime the money of thousands of customers is somewhere in the purgatory.

Edited by Silva

8 hours ago, Ola12 said:

Everything goes ok till I accept the last confirmation button after verification. Ngl I'm kind of annoyed right now as this situation haven't changed for me since Saturday. At this point I'm worried that either the offer will end without me being able to purchase the v2 package or my money will be taken without giving me my product. It makes my anxiety skyrocket and lack of the acknowledgment form their side makes it even worse. They should address it as quickly as possible on their social media to calm people down.

As I heard offer will continue until next month but Serif will send out email before it's over. Why don't you try with PayPal instead. I purchased V2 Universal license  couple of days ago without any issue. If you have visa card just try with it as I heard Braintree got a issue with Mastercard transactions 🆗

• Staff

Our team on social media have confirmed that the sale will last until 14th December, and I am certain we can uphold the sale price for any users having trouble with payment currently.

As I've confirmed earlier in this thread, (and I've checked again with our team now) - there are no issues showing on our end, with the Affinity Store, or with Braintree.
We are able to make/take payments currently, as the majority of purchases on the Affinity Store are completing successfully.

I'm not sure what statement or similar you are hoping Serif can offer - as currently there are no issues showing with our systems, or our test purchases.

For any user here that hasn't already, please email affinityorders@serif.com and our team will reply to you as soon as possible.

9 hours ago, Ola12 said:

The error message shown above clearly shows that the issue lies with your payment provider and not Affinity, please contact your bank or change card you are using.

Please note -

Many thanks!

affinityorders@serif.com responded yesterday (5 days later) and they said that I should call  my bank to cancel the purchase. And this morning I called my bank and was told that they cannot do nothing. Simply to wait the cancellation date and then reclaim my money. Affinity and Braintree are all good and innocent, the bank says the money flew out of his pocket. And I say the money flew out of my pocket too. But my daughter says "Is this a fraud?"

• Staff
19 hours ago, Dan C said:

I don't personally have access to the payments systems, however if the transaction Failed and this purchase is showing as 'pending' in your bank then as mentioned above, any 'Pending' transactions is money held by your bank, not by Affinity - we do not receive the payment until it has passed this Pending stage.

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

affinityorders@serif.com responded yesterday (5 days later) and they said that I should call  my bank to cancel the purchase. And this morning I called my bank and was told that they cannot do nothing. Simply to wait the cancellation date and then reclaim my money. Affinity and Braintree are all good and innocent, the bank says the money flew out of his pocket. And I say the money flew out of my pocket too. But my daughter says "Is this a fraud?"

That's how bank works. Whey you paid something online bank will reserve that money until the transaction complete. If the merchant didn't accept your payment bank will release the hold and money will be available back to you. It takes couple of days to continue. I think there is a issue with Braintree payment gateway. Why don't you try with Visa or PayPal.