You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Refusal of payment

I have tried to purchase the V2 universal licence, had diffculty and contacted support. Followed their advice, and still no solution.

I have tried 3 different cards, 3 browsers, windows and IOS computers, 2 banks and my payment is being rejected. These cards and payment systems regularly work without problems on other transactions.

Support have said there is no more they can do.

My bank has said the payment is being rejected by the retailer. Your help says payments are processed by Braintree. There are 2 issues

1: I hope that any delay in resolving this issue will not negate my introductory discount

2: Can you please contact Braintree to find out where the problem lies?

I have been a Serif/Affinity customer since about 2001

Thankyou

Edited by GrahamMYC
spelling

So when I tried to purchase using my debit card it got declined and then I received a text from my bank for possible fraud.  I responded that I was trying to make the purchase and it told me to wait 2 minutes and try again, so I did that and it got declined again so instead I used my paypal account and I was able to purchase and get my licenses.  But, when I look at my bank account I noticed the charge coming from my account on the original card I had used plus the charge when using my paypal account.  The charge on my original card is still pending but the paypal purchase has cleared.  I have emailed affinity orders but have not heard anything back yet.

Hi @creativeladyboss

Due to the many requests to the small AffinityOrders support team, there are unfortunately longer response times. You and everyone else will receive a reply as soon as possible.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

4 minutes ago, Komatös said:

Hi @creativeladyboss

Due to the many requests to the small AffinityOrders support team, there are unfortunately longer response times. You and everyone else will receive a reply as soon as possible.

While I have a lot of sympathy for the Support team, please understand that we have  to post our issues here in case we later have to make a cliam against Affinity. 

@GrahamMYC

I understand, and I am with you. And I keep my fingers crossed that your concerns will be dealt with quickly.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

1 hour ago, Komatös said:

@GrahamMYC

I understand, and I am with you. And I keep my fingers crossed that your concerns will be dealt with quickly.

Hello,

I'm also facing the same issue.

I'm trying to purchase V2 Universal License. But after entering the payment details, I'm getting the error. Please check the attached screenshot.

There is no issue with my card. Everything is fine. So, please let me know what I should do now.

PE.png

Hello, I tried to make a purchase and it tripled and the product did not arrive because the page rejected it but my bank discounted it 3 times
I need the company to contact me to see if you received the money, so that you can make the return of the three payments that my bank made.
and return the money to be able to buy the universal license again from another payment method, and apply the discount, please answer!
The product did not arrive. I need three payments back. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-12 at 3.47.12 PM.jpeg

As a long time Serif customer (2001 approx) I am saddened to see the extent of this problem. I hope that on Monday Ash will get involved and "kick ass". I do not know whether the problem lies within Affinity or within its card processing company Braintree. It cannot be true that the problem lies with all the banks involved.

Ash, you have created a great comapny that has been agile enough to live alongside Photoshop. You need to be agoie again to get this issue fixed.

11 hours ago, GrahamMYC said:

I have tried to purchase the V2 universal licence, had diffculty and contacted support. Followed their advice, and still no solution.

I have tried 3 different cards, 3 browsers, windows and IOS computers, 2 banks and my payment is being rejected. These cards and payment systems regularly work without problems on other transactions.

Support have said there is no more they can do.

My bank has said the payment is being rejected by the retailer. Your help says payments are processed by Braintree. There are 2 issues

1: I hope that any delay in resolving this issue will not negate my introductory discount

2: Can you please contact Braintree to find out where the problem lies?

I have been a Serif/Affinity customer since about 2001

Thankyou

why don't you just buy it with PayPal. It's easy and secure. I just purchased Affinity V2  Universal License without any issue. 

4 minutes ago, anuruddha said:

why don't you just buy it with PayPal. It's easy and secure. I just purchased Affinity V2  Universal License without any issue. 

Sorry but I| have had expensive experiences with PayPal in the past. The   issues some of us are experiencing simply should not happen.Affinity need to fix it, very soon

4 minutes ago, GrahamMYC said:

Sorry but I| have had expensive experiences with PayPal in the past. The   issues some of us are experiencing simply should not happen.Affinity need to fix it, very soon

I'm sorry to hear it. Yes Serif has to fix this payment issue. May be you have to wait till Monday to sort this out. 

8 hours ago, anuruddha said:

Hi,

I also tried to purchase it with PayPal, but there PayPal link is also not working.

After clicking the PayPal link the page keeps loading and loading. And in the last nothing happens. 

I wish I could purchase it asap. 

@GrahamMYC

after seeing that you are connected with Affinity Sherif since 2001, now I can say that I haven't made a mistake by purchasing Affinity licence and now I am part of this great software family.

Hope this will help, I am from INDIA and was facing same issue and was very disappointed

I tried below steps to make successful purchase (This steps are only for Mac users)

1. Added Fund from my Bank to the Apple ID Account on my MacBook (App Store--> Click on your Name(bottom left corner) --> Account Setting --> click add fund link under Apple ID Account)
  2. Open any Affinity app
    1. go to Preference
    2. open My Account
    3. Click on Buy Now
    4. Select Affinity V2 Universal licence
  3. It will deduct the amount you added in Apple ID Account and the purchase will be successful
  4. it will ask you to login to you affinity account to link the licence.

• Staff

Our web team has been monitoring the payment processing on the Affinity Store since the launch of V2 and although the site has been under heavy load - there are no issues showing on our end with server access or payment processing, though we are continuing to monitor this.

As suggested above, if you haven't already then please contact affinityorders@serif.com and our team will respond to you ASAP, but do note we're receiving a huge number of emails currently and therefore our response time is longer than usual.

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding here!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

23 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Our web team has been monitoring the payment processing on the Affinity Store since the launch of V2 and although the site has been under heavy load - there are no issues showing on our end with server access or payment processing, though we are continuing to monitor this.

As suggested above, if you haven't already then please contact affinityorders@serif.com and our team will respond to you ASAP, but do note we're receiving a huge number of emails currently and therefore our response time is longer than usual.

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding here!

I have contacted the team as suggested, and reached the point where they say there is nothing more they can do.

Not good enough

Have you checked with Braintree. That seems to be where the snag lies

• Staff

I'm certainly sorry to hear this, I don't have access to check these systems personally as I'm part of the technical support team - however Braintree is fully functional currently according to our web team.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Just now, Dan C said:

I'm certainly sorry to hear this, I don't have access to check these systems personally as I'm part of the technical support team - however Braintree is fully functional currently according to our web team.

Can't you see how incredibly bad this is for your customers? Their credit cards get charged, they don't get a license and all you have to say is that everything is "fully functional"? I was about to buy a universal V2 license using my credit card today. Of course, having read this, I won't.

• Staff

As mentioned, I'm part of the technical support team so I only have access to limited information at this time - but there are no issues showing with payment processing on our end.

For payments that do not complete, there can be a variety of reasons for this - however the money will not be taken from an account if the payment does not complete, though it can show as 'Pending' in the users bank account, causing the impression the payment has been taken.

This is solely controlled by the banks and payment processing systems, Affinity have no control over 'Pending' transactions, which is the same for any company taking payments online.

The number of users experiencing payment issues currently is a very very small subset of Affinity Store customers, and the majority of these payment issue have been resolved on the users end.

I tried to purchase Affinity v2 universal from their website. I entered all the usual credit card details but the purchase was declined by NatWest Mastercard.
I phoned Mastercard and they informed me that the Affinity website is not using the additional security protocol by which the customer confirms the purchase on their NW iPhone app. So Mastercard automatically rejected the purchase.

57 minutes ago, PeterRL said:

I tried to purchase Affinity v2 universal from their website. I entered all the usual credit card details but the purchase was declined by NatWest Mastercard.
I phoned Mastercard and they informed me that the Affinity website is not using the additional security protocol by which the customer confirms the purchase on their NW iPhone app. So Mastercard automatically rejected the purchase.

That's the same happening with me. I'm using MasterCard, and it's getting declined.

In fact, the PayPal link on Affinity site is not working.

Hace 6 horas, Dan C dijo:

Lamento mucho escuchar esto, no tengo acceso para verificar estos sistemas personalmente ya que soy parte del equipo de soporte técnico; sin embargo, Braintree es completamente funcional actualmente según nuestro equipo web.

Hace 5 horas, Dan C dijo:

Como se mencionó, soy parte del equipo de soporte técnico, por lo que solo tengo acceso a información limitada en este momento, pero no hay problemas con el procesamiento de pagos de nuestra parte.

Para los pagos que no se completan, puede haber una variedad de razones para esto; sin embargo, el dinero no se tomará de una cuenta si el pago no se completa , aunque puede mostrarse como ' Pendiente ' en la cuenta bancaria de los usuarios, lo que hace que la impresión de que el pago se haya tomado.

Esto está controlado únicamente por los bancos y los sistemas de procesamiento de pagos, Affinity no tiene control sobre las transacciones 'Pendientes', que es lo mismo para cualquier empresa que acepta pagos en línea.

La cantidad de usuarios que experimentan problemas de pago actualmente es un subconjunto muy pequeño de clientes de Affinity Store, y la mayoría de estos problemas de pago se han resuelto por parte de los usuarios.

Hace 5 horas, Dan C dijo:

Como se mencionó, soy parte del equipo de soporte técnico, por lo que solo tengo acceso a información limitada en este momento, pero no hay problemas con el procesamiento de pagos de nuestra parte.

Para los pagos que no se completan, puede haber una variedad de razones para esto; sin embargo, el dinero no se tomará de una cuenta si el pago no se completa , aunque puede mostrarse como ' Pendiente ' en la cuenta bancaria de los usuarios, lo que hace que la impresión de que el pago se haya tomado.

Esto está controlado únicamente por los bancos y los sistemas de procesamiento de pagos, Affinity no tiene control sobre las transacciones 'Pendientes', que es lo mismo para cualquier empresa que acepta pagos en línea.

La cantidad de usuarios que experimentan problemas de pago actualmente es un subconjunto muy pequeño de clientes de Affinity Store, y la mayoría de estos problemas de pago se han resuelto por parte de los usuarios.

SEÑORES NO ME HAGAN DECEPCIÓN DE LA EMPRESA Y LOS PRODUCTOS DE AFINITY.... NECESITO QUE ME DEN SOLUCIONES, NO EXCUSAS... YA ESCRIBÍ A TODOS LOS CORREOS Y TODAS SUS REDES SOCIALES. ¿Y CUAL ES TU PRIMERA RESPUESTA? ¿DESCULPAR? TENGO 350 (por un pago triple) DOLARES EN EL LIMBO Y NI TU Y EL BANCO QUIEREN SER RESPONSABLES? NECESITO RESPUESTAS Y SOLUCIONES, quiero comprar la V2 y sacar el descuento, pero primero necesito que me devuelvan el dinero a mi cuenta y me contestan por correo, ya llevo 4 días en esto.

exactly.  we need urgent and functional responses.  In addition to the fact that my case is one of the most serious... I have 350 dollars at stake.  I think my case is more urgent and important than that of a person who is simply asking a question out of curiosity... Gentlemen, I was using Adobe for 10 years and decided to trust the company and I also spread content on my social networks about affinity designer and even So you can't give me a little bit of priority in helping me with this nightmare.