You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I´m new here and I would like to know if there is a possibility to merge a path (line)?

And if on the other hand it is possible to divide a path (line) into 2 or more pathes?

I think in Illustrator there is a scissors, but I can´t find anything similar in Affinity desgn.
It would be really great if somenone can help me...!

Thanks in advance und my best regards,

sandfraeulein

Hi Sandfräulein, there's no specific tool for this but when you're editing curves you can break a line at any given node, or join tow selected lines together, using contextual buttons on the top toolbar - when you have line editing tools and suitable objects selected. HTH.

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super

Thank you very much for your quick reply!

And I´m really sorry, but can you please explain to me in detail how to find/activate this buttons?

I´m using a German surface (and can´t change it into English) and so it´s a bit difficult for me to find the exact buttons and tools. Well for sure I tried, but I failed :huh:.

Hi sandfräulein,

to cut a path in two parts, simply (a.) select the node where you want to splice the path with the Node Tool (Knotenwerkzeug) or create a node at that point and (b.) click Aktion: Kurve öffnen on the context tool bar (see below).

As far as joining paths is concerned, please have a look at one of the following posts, where I uploaded some videos:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/8425-how-to-make-2-different-paths-become-one-path/?p=34571

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/4274-join-nodes/?p=73327

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

post-1198-0-06633200-1453142622_thumb.png