You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NVIDIA GeForce Support for DirectX 12 Direct3D feature level: 11.0

I am currently running all of the Affinity Suite V1.10.5 on my PC using NVIDIA GeForce support for DirectX 12 Direct3D feature level: 11.0 with no problems.  I am looking at upgrading to Affinity V2, however, I see the requirements for DirectX 12 Direct3D feature level: 12.  Will Affinity V2 Suite work on my PC like V 1.10.5?  Will V2 work?  On my PC now I have the GPU on with no problems.  Does GPU accelation have to be turned off or does it matter?  Will this work?

Thanks,
Frank

Download the trial for Affinity Photo v2, be aware that Affinity Photo now installs as an app using an MSIX file, if you want to uninstall it you will need to use the apps and feature option not the programs and features.

https://store.serif.com/en-gb/checkout/?basket=2b84063bf7daa1d96ae699f8a27ebc8c535f2f0e430300dc

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

9 hours ago, Stargazer_Frank said:

however, I see the requirements for DirectX 12 Direct3D feature level: 12

Feature level 12 is the requirement for enabling Hardware Acceleration (OpenCL) in the Affinity Preferences > Performance.

Do you have that enabled in your V1 applications? I think that the requirement is the same in both V1 and V2.

In any case, I second the suggestion to install the Trial and try it yourself.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Thank you for your response.  I checked after I posted and I see that my newer laptop supports the Hardware Acceleration requirement and is checked “on” while my older PC has the older hardware and is checked “off”.  Affinity Apps works fine on both PCs and I never noticed the difference.  If Affinity Apps V2 works the same a V1 for Hardware Acceleration, all should be fine.  I will bring down the Trail Versions to try.

Thanks,
Frank   

You're welcome. Yes, I'd recommend running the Trial so you can be sure of everything.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1