You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide/Show Other bug

Yuri P.

1 hour ago, Yuri P. said:

When I click "Hide Other", other layers are hidden. However, when I click, "Show other", not all of them become visible again. It takes some playing with hiding/showing layers until all of them are visible.

I tried this in Designer 2 and all of the layers that were hidden by Hide Others were revealed again when I chose Show Others. The ones that weren't visible prior to choosing Hide Others weren't shown when I chose Show Others so it worked perfectly for me. I tried it with both a simple test doc and one with 1000 layers.

What are you doing after choosing Hide Other? Perhaps it's something that you're doing that is triggering the problem. I did only a couple of basic things in between so perhaps more complex work would have led to encountering the issue.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

It works for me with your test document from both the Layers panel and Layers menu but I'm on macOS so this might be Windows specific. Have you tried it from the Layers menu?

@walt.farrell could you please test this one? Thanks.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

It is some problem with the duplicate paper texture layer (2nd from the top). Show Others (from the Layers panel) shows everything, but that layer is hiding things as it is on top. If you turn it off, everything shows.

Or, if you select that layer, and click on its Opacity setting without changing anything, just click, everything shows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It is some problem with the duplicate paper texture layer (2nd from the top). Show Others (from the Layers panel) shows everything, but that layer is hiding things as it is on top. If you turn it off, everything shows.

Or, if you select that layer, and click on its Opacity setting without changing anything, just click, everything shows.

Thanks Walt. This has to be a Windows-specific bug then.

Yes, I think it is.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Made some tests and, at first, the logic of "Hide/Show others" seems wrong, the "Visible/hidden" layer indicators work fine but the image does not come back.

But if you zoom in and out, I use the mouse roller, layers reappear. 

It's certainly a bug but it's easy to work around until it's fixed.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• 2 weeks later...