You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher for iPad: hyphenation?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering: is there any way to enable hyphenation on APu for iPad? 

I looked pretty much everywhere, and it can be set up in styles, but that seems quite strange to set it up only there, doesn't it? 

Also, can you upload other hyphenation and spellchecking dictionaries than the ones used in iPadOS system? 

Thanks for the reply, this is really quite essential for me, and have a nice weekend!

1 hour ago, Fantomas.CZ said:

is there any way to enable hyphenation on APu for iPad? 

Have you looked in the application Help? Just type Hyphenation into the Search box. Or find it here:

https://affinity.help/publisher2ipad/en-US.lproj/pages/Text/hyphenation.html

1 hour ago, Fantomas.CZ said:

Also, can you upload other hyphenation and spellchecking dictionaries than the ones used in iPadOS system? 

Good question. I haven't gotten that far, yet.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 11/11/2022 at 11:32 PM, walt.farrell said:

Have you looked in the application Help? Just type Hyphenation into the Search box. Or find it here:

https://affinity.help/publisher2ipad/en-US.lproj/pages/Text/hyphenation.html

Oh nice, thank you! I wouldn't really look for it there, but thanks for being less lazy and more organized than I 🙂 

BTW, do you know, who can answer the question about the custom languages? Thanks again!

15 minutes ago, Fantomas.CZ said:

do you know, who can answer the question about the custom languages?

No, sorry. And I'm not sure if it's really a Serif question or an iPad question. I'm not finding much info on adding dictionaries to iPad, at all.

One of the Serif staff should get to this eventually; they're a bit busy at the moment

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

No, sorry. And I'm not sure if it's really a Serif question or an iPad question. I'm not finding much info on adding dictionaries to iPad, at all.

One of the Serif staff should get to this eventually; they're a bit busy at the moment

Me too is looking for a way to have Swedish auto spellcheck enabled/downloadable…

Hope we can sort that out…

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…

3 hours ago, AffinityMakesMeSmile said:

Me too is looking for a way to have Swedish auto spellcheck enabled/downloadable…

Swedish is already available as a Spelling Language. In the Text studio, expand the Character options (the line with Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough. Then click Language, and for Spelling scroll through the list. Note: The list is not in alphabetic order.

Swedish is not available as a hyphenation language.

-- Walt
PC:

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Swedish is already available as a Spelling Language. In the Text studio, expand the Character options (the line with Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikethrough. Then click Language, and for Spelling scroll through the list. Note: The list is not in alphabetic order.

Swedish is not available as a hyphenation language.

Thanks Walt!!

What should this forum be without you!!

❤️

Happy amateur that playing around with the Affinity Suite - really love typograhics, photographing, colors & forms, AND, Synthesizers!

Macbook Pro 16” M1 2021, iPad Pro 12.9” M1 2021, iPad Pro 10.5” A10X 2017, iMac 27” 5K/i7 late 2015…