You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APub 2.0 Page Selector in the UI don´t work properly

Page selector

In version 1 it was possible to double-click on the thumbnail of the page selector of a publication, even if the pages were shown facing each other, displaying both pages on the desktop or only one, depending on the selection. In this version 2, double-clicking on a given page always opens both pages, which makes it necessary to continuously zoom in (Control key + mouse wheel) if you want to enlarge only one of the pages.

Does this happen to all of you?

Greets

Giovanni

page selector.png

I'm seeing that same behavior.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Same for me on macOS.

I actually prefer the way it works in v2 but not enough that I care either way. I'm on a laptop screen so I'm always going to have to zoom in. It just feels nicer to have the spread centred rather than the left or right side of the spread. But I understand that on a large monitor where the page opens at a decent size this might not be beneficial.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I preferred the V1 way of working, too.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for sharing the Bug! I Have the same Problem and was glad to see it got reported already. Was using this in V1 very often. I wonder how it got lost on the way to V2. I use a second monitor witch is rotated to protrait mode(9/16 format) and with the zoom in V1 It was very good to see one page. Now I have to use ctr + 1,2,3 to get the zoom I want to and still have move the frame. Workflow is compromised by this a lot. Hopefully all the Bugs that get reported recently get fixed in the 2.1 Version.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...