You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please include a Thesaurus, a grammar checker and a Story Editor in Affinity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Michael S Harvey said:

Yes but Grammarly doesn't integrate well with other apps and does not work without the internet.

I'm not disagreeing. And would never install something that was so horrendously advertised. Gave me Swiftkey shudders.

Agree with you... should be an offline, optimised spell check and grammar facility, especially given that one of the apps is called "Publisher" and the ultimate goal of all design works is... publishing, in one form or another... so we need an "Editor" of some sort to look over our shoulder, that's better than the one in Microsoft Word and significantly faster than direct entry within Indesign.

4 hours ago, fde101 said:

You might make a case for these features in Publisher, but other than the Story Editor, they are mostly superfluous even there, and the Story Editor has been requested already numerous times.  These features don't really make sense for Photo or Designer.

I was thinking of Publisher in particular. Although the thesaurus facility would be useful in Photo and Designer. Not so much the grammar checker perhaps. Although Artistic Text might benefit from a Grammar Checker as well.

4 hours ago, deeds said:

I'm not disagreeing. And would never install something that was so horrendously advertised. Gave me Swiftkey shudders.

Agree with you... should be an offline, optimised spell check and grammar facility, especially given that one of the apps is called "Publisher" and the ultimate goal of all design works is... publishing, in one form or another... so we need an "Editor" of some sort to look over our shoulder, that's better than the one in Microsoft Word and significantly faster than direct entry within Indesign.

I must admit I miss Proper Grammar II by Softwood on the Amiga. It was the only decent grammar checker on that platform. It was incorporated into Final Writer though. Really with the advent of deep learning algorithms, I would assume that an AI Editor will not be too far away. Whether that will be offline, however, will remain to be seen.

On 12/8/2022 at 12:53 AM, deeds said:

am from the STrain of 68000 divergence ;)

At least you had decent DTP software on your platform with its hi-res mono graphics. A very underrated platform the ST. It did well in the music industry and low-end DTP.

Amiga had gotten got the video market sewn up but played second fiddle to the ST in the music field. Although the Amiga did well with multitasking.