You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export to png and jpg resolution

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

We'll probably need to see a sample .afdesign file and a sample exported file, and the settings you used in the Export dialog. Descriptions like "poor" and "jagged" don't provide much information to go on.

Also, if you have the same info for the same files in V1 that would be useful.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thx. I think I have found the answer. When I installed Designer 2 it picked up a preset from version 1. Somehow, the dpi in that got dropped to 96! hence, when I exported a large image the resolution dropped. I've reformatted at 300dpi, and all is well.

FYI, when the present was imported into Designer 2, it went from landscape to portrait too!

Thanks for reaching out so quickly 🙂

Trevor

• 1 month later...

I have braved through exporting using the Export persona.  Please understand that I once purchased Designer V1 a year or two back, and tried to understand it.  I do not have a background in vector graphics software (like Illustrator, for example), but wanted to learn. I gave up learning Designer V1 due to complexities and to my ability to grasp it.  So, I recently received some emails about V2, and decided to try again using the trial.  I use my ipad consistently as my Mac is old, and I prefer the ipad pro. 

Anyway - back to the export.  It seemed to work until I arrived to the screen ‘where to save my beginner V2 design’.  The save screen was Apple’s File app, giving me the opportunity to save to my iCloud, when I was hoping to save to my Photos app.  I take it the only option available in the near term is Apple’s File - and iCloud, not Photos. 

From what I gather, there’s not a whole lot of data (i.e tutorials) about V2 available, especially as it pertains to the ipad.  Please correct me if I’m mistaken.  Thanks. 

P.S.  I’ve had some success in using the Procreate app.  Not vector, but perhaps that’s OK w me.