You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After HDR Merge: Lens Correction function broken in Develop Persona (?)

CHerbst

Hi,

I follow the exact procedure like in version 1: In AP2 - Choosing "New HDR Merge (5 images in .CR3)" and Apply. Done. Moving over to DP and choose any standard Lens Profile, nothing happens and a yellow attention sign shows up in the Lens Correction (LC) GUI saying "The image contains insufficient metadata to perform distortion correction.". Choosing different Lens Profiles to get any reaction but nothing. Can't adjust with the Distortion-handle or the others. Can choose Chromatic/Defringe/RemoveLensVignette...

Never happened in AP1.

If I open one of the 5 RAW files and then do the other steps it works bt then I am skipping HDR Merge.

And if I go via PP Filters/Distort/Lens Correction... it works but this tool is not as accurate or behave as good as the LC in DP.

Help?

Edited by CHerbst

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@CHerbst Welcome to the forums and sorry for the delay.

Would you be able to provide me a download link to the images you're using so I can test with them. Also if you just open one of the .CR3 files in the Develop persona and switch to the Lens panel, has a lens profile been auto applied and is it correct? As I want to make sure the data/info in part of the files metadata first.