You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Yellow ! triangle in Layers Palette when export slice

• Staff

Hi vc,

If you hover the mouse over it, the tooltip should explain the problem - it's probably that you've got something in the document which is raster and hasn't got enough resolution to produce a nice @2x version without artefacts? If you go to the Layers panel in the Export Persona, you should see that it is trying to guide you to the problem(s) by adding an extra warning icon to the layer items with problems.

Hope that helps,

Matt

Hi, Matt;

I wasn't trying to produce 2x from Affinity; my items were all made from a 3x size placed in Affinity, and sized downward to 2x and 1x. Hovering over the triangle produced no information, no tooltip, no nothing.

Thank you

• Staff

Hmmm, that's odd then! Any chance you'd just send a copy of the file to support@seriflabs.com and we'll find out what's going on? We'll obviously only use your file to diagnose the problem and delete it afterwards, so don't worry about anything like that :)

Hmmm, that's odd then! Any chance you'd just send a copy of the file to support@seriflabs.com and we'll find out what's going on? We'll obviously only use your file to diagnose the problem and delete it afterwards, so don't worry about anything like that :)

Sure..I'd be happy to. After I  had that problem and the added pixel problem, I stopped working with that file. It still exists, but I tried to reproduce the problem this morning and couldn't.  I could try re-creating it from scratch, using the source file again.

I can describe what I did...I created a new Affinity document, and placed a graphic at 3X size, then made 2 duplicates of that on the layer, a 2x and a 1x. The goal was to then export the slices. Somewhere in that whole process, the yellow triangle appeared, and curious that not all of the slices had it!

If I can get it to happen again, I'll zip up all related files and send it your way.