You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPadOS version top menu bar options blocked by 3 dot app window menu.

Kaleb Cadle

I’m really enjoying the V2 versions of the Affinity apps, but the 3 dot iPadOS window menu blocks options in the Affinity menu bar at the top, and every time I try to click or tap these options, it opens the app window options menu instead of selecting the option I want in Affinity.  I’m hoping an update will solve this problem soon, thank you! 

79781184-DCCE-41DF-A131-D0527012ECBD.png

E8532EF0-C607-4F43-B671-570E2DA0718A.jpeg

1小时前,Kaleb Cadle说:

我真的很喜欢V2版本的Affinity应用程序,但3点iPadOS窗口菜单阻止了顶部Affinity菜单栏中的选项,每次我尝试单击或点击这些选项时,它都会打开应用程序窗口选项菜单,而不是在Affinity中选择我想要的选项。我希望更新能尽快解决这个问题,谢谢!

I have the same trouble as you

4 hours ago, Kaleb Cadle said:

I’m really enjoying the V2 versions of the Affinity apps, but the 3 dot iPadOS window menu blocks options in the Affinity menu bar at the top, and every time I try to click or tap these options, it opens the app window options menu instead of selecting the option I want in Affinity.  I’m hoping an update will solve this problem soon, thank you! 

As a workaround, maybe you can try turning off Stage Manager on your iPad. Instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213405

10 minutes ago, Kaleb Cadle said:

Thanks for the idea, but apps in fullscreen still have the same problem.  The 3 dot menu is always present whether you have Stage Manager turned on or not.

Hmm… strange. I don’t get the 3 dots in Affinity Designer on my iPad Pro 12.9” 2018 with stage manager turned off. They only appear in Affinity Designer  for me if stage manager is turned on. I do notice other apps like YouTube still shows the 3 dots without stage manager, but that is not the case for my Affinity Designer app.

Edited by seloran

1 minute ago, seloran said:

Hmm… strange. I don’t get the 3 dots on my iPad Pro 12.9” with stage manager turned off. They only appear for me if stage manager is turned on.

You’re right!  I thought it would stay, but it didn’t.  Good to know, thanks for the recommendation!  I use Stage Manager a lot, so I’ll probably just work around it, but at least I know a way to fix it! 👍🏻

17 hours ago, Kaleb Cadle said:

You’re right!  I thought it would stay, but it didn’t.  Good to know, thanks for the recommendation!  I use Stage Manager a lot, so I’ll probably just work around it, but at least I know a way to fix it! 👍🏻

It doesn’t because the Affinity Apps do not support multitasking without Stage Manager. They don’t support living in a split screen configuration, so the OS does not show the 3 dots. Stage Manager forces multitasking even when an app won’t support it, and so we have this issue.

• 3 months later...
On 11/13/2022 at 2:32 PM, Cantisani said:

It doesn’t because the Affinity Apps do not support multitasking without Stage Manager. They don’t support living in a split screen configuration, so the OS does not show the 3 dots. Stage Manager forces multitasking even when an app won’t support it, and so we have this issue.

I for one actually view this as a big plus.  I use Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer both at the same time very often, and being able to move between them faster or have them side-by-side now in Stage Manager is a big upgrade.  And those who don’t want it or don’t want this issue can switch Stage Manager off.  It’s only an issue when Stage Manager is switched on, but hopefully they’ll fix it so that it’s not an issue then either.