You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 Apps are Installed. Two Questions...

I installed all the V2 apps and noticed that the new apps are MUCH smaller than the old ones.

• Designer 1 is 212mb vs Designer 2 at 105mb
  • Photo 1 is 492mb vs Photo 2 at 168mb
  • Publisher 1 is 1.01gb vs Publisher 2 at 114mb

Is it okay to uninstall the old apps?

Also, I noticed that Publisher 2 didn't import my custom dictionary from v1. Is there a way to move that over?

Thanks!

Mac or Windows?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I’ve installed Affinity v2 and want to uninstall v1. I have a Mac and the installer didn’t ask me (didn’t give me choice to keep both or uninstall previous). When I use an uninstaller app to uninstall previous, I see there are folders that belong to V2. 

How to uninstall V1 on Mac?

Just now, Tameez said:

How to uninstall V1 on Mac?

I would just drag the v 1 application to the trash, I know that the various folders elsewhere won't be deleted but the application itself will be. Note that if you purchased the application from the Mac App Store you'll not be able to reinstall it because version one is no longer in the Mac App Store.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

7 hours ago, DVS said:

Also, I noticed that Publisher 2 didn't import my custom dictionary from v1. Is there a way to move that over?

You'll want the dictionary.propcol file. Where it's located in V1 depends on where you purchased. This V1 FAQ will tell you where to find the "user" folder that contains it:

In V2, the files should be in %USERPROFILE%\.affinity and you can copy/paste that into the location bar in File Explorer, or press the Windows key and R and paste it in there. Here's where that file is on my system:

image.png.cc6944bbf1390d31ffdb5787063b88c2.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Sorry it didn't work. Maybe they're in a different file? 

Ah. The Lens stuff has its own directory specified in Preferences, doesn't it? Perhaps you need to copy that file over to the corresponding V2 location?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1