You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Jack Tutorial: Pop Art Effekt (English Subtitles)

Hi,

in diesem Affinity Photo Tutorial zeige ich wie man den Pop Art Effekt erstellt. Er wurde in den 60ern von Andy Warhol erfunden und damals analog durch Entwicklung und Druckprozessen erstellt. Es gab ja kein Photoshop. 

Heute zeige ich wie man es mit der Software machen kann. Es gibt viele Gestaltungsvarianten, ganz nach Geschmack.

Viel Spaß

Euer Jack

In this Affinity Photo Tutorial, I show you how to create the Pop Art Effect. It was an invention of Andy Warhol who created this with analog techniques like development and print processing, because there was no Photoshop. 

Today I show how to create this effect with software. There are many variations, like you want.

Have fun

Jack

benutzte Farben/used colors:

Hintergrund/background: blau/blue, #00bae3

Haut/skin: rosa/rose, #fbd5cc

Lippen & Schleife/lips & hairband: rot/red, #d80e0e

Augen & Schminke/eyes & makeup: blau/blue, #4566f3

Haare/hair: gelb/yellow, #ffff4d

YouTube-Video

https://youtu.be/wF2O1Z1Rpf4

post-14632-0-58018500-1453059574_thumb.jpg

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

I like your general idea

I´d suggest to put all the color layers in a group and set the group to a blend mode. that way you can use a separate layer for each color which makes adjustments/ refinements easier.

I´d then use solid fill layers and put a layer mask on each of them so that I can easily change the color and make precise adjustments with white/ grey/ black brushes. This would also give better results at the borders.

And you could also use the "noise reduction" filter to eliminate (fine) texture or when you're really passionate about the picture the healing brush (non destructively on a new layer).

I like your general idea

I´d suggest to put all the color layers in a group and set the group to a blend mode. that way you can use a separate layer for each color which makes adjustments/ refinements easier.

I´d then use solid fill layers and put a layer mask on each of them so that I can easily change the color and make precise adjustments with white/ grey/ black brushes. This would also give better results at the borders.

And you could also use the "noise reduction" filter to eliminate (fine) texture or when you're really passionate about the picture the healing brush (non destructively on a new layer).

Hi MdB,

thank you!

Yes I was thinking about separate color layers (I did this for the thumb to refine the hair color  :rolleyes: ).

For the tutorial I was looking for a fast way.

But new for me is the noise reduction.

I was also searching for pattern for a comic style, but I was disapointed, because it doesn't exist.

Cloning is another great idea. For the hair. In my opinion, the hair has still too much texture.

Greetings from Berlin/Germany

Jack

Affinity Jack

Video-Tutorials on YouTube in German with English Subtitles

Link to my YouTube-Channel: AFFINITY JACK

Author in the team of www.affinitytutorials.de, the website all about Affinity Photo & Affinity Designer

I was just using the noise reduction for this photo which I was doing to see how the 1.4.1 beta 4 worked.

(right left for comparison) and thought this effect would work with your photo as well.

Noise reduction, curve in LAB mode to increase the lightness and a slight posterize adjustment (and a bit channel mixer and a gaussian blur (overlay + blend if) defuse glow effect to finish it off) 

BTW: Is it possible to select custom colors for the posterization effect? I´d think this would work somehow like "dither to custom palette" but I don´t think this is currently available in the pixel persona?

post-10405-0-11515900-1453062734_thumb.png