You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick grid

Hi I spent a little while trying to get Quick Grid to work. The help topic says Press the right/left arrow to add/remove columns and when I tried PRESSING the right key whilst drawing an object, it did NOT add a column.

2099010546_AF2quickgrid.PNG.243171279a690fa26804bd14d5a4f063.PNG

What I found instead is that if you TAP the right arrow  whilst drawing an object, that produces an extra column for every tap you make.

Hope this helps prevent some headscratching when you try it out.  Now I've found the secret I look forward to drawing quick grids!

Still finding my way around but generally loving Affinity2

Pman

Asus Vivobook 15  Intel I7 processor,  Intel Iris X graphics, Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 (64 bit),  32GB RAM.  
Affinity Designer 10.5.1342, Photo 1.10.5.1342, Publisher 1.10.5.1342 
Affinity Designer Beta 1.10.5.1342, Photo Beta  1.10.5.1342, Publisher  Beta  1.10.5.1342
Affinity Designer2 2.0.0, Photo2 2.0.0,  Publisher2 2.0.0

• 2 weeks later...

Bless you 🙂   It was sending me crazy.

Changing of the normal use of click and long click should have had more explanation !
I now have some sympathy for my mothers confusion over triple-clicking  😮

Win 11 PCs 64bit  Envy and Envy tablet + Filter Forge  Retired computer systems tester doing graphics for charities and politics etc.

• 1 month later...