You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 have start to crash, image disappear on scroll

The Shark

Publisher 2 have start to crash and image dissapears when scrolling up and down in document, with Apple Magic Mouse 

My .aftemplate are made with Publisher 1 …, linked image .psd

My files: linked/saved on/from external SSD, APFS formatted, connected USB-C, CalDigit TS3 Plus

macOS Monterey 12.6.1, MBP 13" M1 (2020)

Publisher 2, Hardware acceleration ON …

I have also tried with my documents, images on MBP's internal SSD, with same problem!

Update to macOS Ventura, 13.0.1, still same problems!

I'm afraid that Publisher 2 has crashed 3 times in a matter of minutes.

I only just bought and downloaded it. The doc I'm working on was produced in V1 and I'm using the paint roller 15.png that came with V1 as a plug-in; maybe they're not compatible. Does anyone know, and are others experiencing difficulties?

6 hours ago, The Shark said:

Publisher 2 have start to crash and image dissapears when scrolling up and down in document

I haven't experienced this issue myself. Is this happening to you every time you scroll or just occasionally?

How are you scrolling? With the window's scrollbar, with a mouse scrollwheel, with the two fingers gesture on a trackpad, or something else?

When you say the image disappears, do you mean the document window disappears or one image that you placed on a page disappears? Does the image disappear and then it crashes or are those two separate issues? Could you please attach a crash report for Serif to review?

4 hours ago, Carl bach said:

I'm afraid that Publisher 2 has crashed 3 times in a matter of minutes.

I only just bought and downloaded it. The doc I'm working on was produced in V1 and I'm using the paint roller 15.png that came with V1 as a plug-in; maybe they're not compatible. Does anyone know, and are others experiencing difficulties?

This doesn't sound like the same issue as above. Is it always with using this one plug-in? It should be compatible.

1 hour ago, APPLIOrg said:

I'm having the same issue. When attempting to use the Find & Replace panel, Publisher V2 has crashed five times if four minutes.

This doesn't sound like the same issue as above. I've done a lot of finding and replacing of text, sometimes with formatting attributes, and I'm not experiencing any issues. I wonder if there is something in the document that is causing this. Could you test with some other documents and see if it crashes when doing similar find and replace?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Also here constantly crashing after opening. It happens when I open a file made in V1. Restarting the Mac didn't help.
Opened the V1-file in Designer 2: no crash. Saved it with a different name, tried to open it again in Publisher 2. Crashed again.
Threw the program of the Mac, downloaded and installed it again. Tried to open the file that I save with a different name. Didn't help. Crashed again. :(

I will go back to V1 to finish this project.

I am using an iMac 27 inch, 2019 with 3Ghz 6-core Intel core i5 and OS 12.6

Edited by Kabeljauws
Adding the info of my Mac

28 minutes ago, Kabeljauws said:

Also here constantly crashing after opening. It happens when I open a file made in V1. Restarting the Mac didn't help.
Opened the V1-file in Designer 2: no crash. Saved it with a different name, tried to open it again in Publisher 2. Crashed again.
Threw the program of the Mac, downloaded and installed it again. Tried to open the file that I save with a different name. Didn't help. Crashed again. :(

I will go back to V1 to finish this project.

For all of these crash reports, Serif will want to know which version of macOS you're using and whether you're on Intel or M1/M2.

Also worth trying: go to Preferences > Performance. Change Hardware Acceleration from Enable Metal to off. Close and it should restart. After restarting change Display, which was previously disabled, from Metal to OpenGL. Now try your document.

1581298648_Screenshot2022-11-11at4_52_05PM.png.b6e047d461aa92cb6343f30a1699254d.thumb.png.8951c95e366db782dbbc8fc584b9cb83.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 hours ago, MikeTO said:

For all of these crash reports, Serif will want to know which version of macOS you're using and whether you're on Intel or M1/M2.

Also worth trying: go to Preferences > Performance. Change Hardware Acceleration from Enable Metal to off. Close and it should restart. After restarting change Display, which was previously disabled, from Metal to OpenGL. Now try your document.

1581298648_Screenshot2022-11-11at4_52_05PM.png.b6e047d461aa92cb6343f30a1699254d.thumb.png.8951c95e366db782dbbc8fc584b9cb83.png

Unfortunately the tries you suggested didn't solve it. I tried opening another document in V2 that was made in V1. No problem there, no crash :) 

1 hour later...
I changed the three linked images in the V1-file into embedded ones, saved it and tried to open it with V2. No crash anymore! 

A little later...
Changed the embedded images back to linked ones, saved it and tried to open it. V2 crashes again...

Edited by Kabeljauws

On 11/12/2022 at 1:27 PM, MikeTO said:

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Still crashing!!!

Update to macOS Ventura, 13.0.1, still same problems!

I have also tried to move documents, images to MBP's internal SSD, with same problem! Move it back external SSD as before, but …

Publisher 2, Hardware acceleration ON …

Scrolling crash, image dissapears (.psd from APhoto), open document crash!

• Staff

@The Shark Have you tried turning Hardware Acceleration OFF and also setting the Display to OpenGL? If you continue to have issues please DM me the file this is happening with. Any resources will need to be embedded before sending to ensure I have everything for testing. If you can also do a screen recording showing the issue this would also be helpful.

If the app is crashing, follow the steps in the linked FAQ to retrieve a crash report from when it occurs (note date/time) and also upload for checking.

• Staff

For anyone else experiencing a crash not related to the OP issue. Please create a new forum thread and include as much information as possible about the issue. Also providing a crash report can help in narrowing down the issue., see the FAQ here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, MikeTO said:

Same problem!