You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pizza Menu in Publisher, used photo and designer also

stojames

I created a menu for an Italian Pizza restaurant. I changed the phone and address as I didn’t want to post the real ones. I used Affinity Photo for the photos and Designer for creating the icons and shapes. Lots of text, tables to work with. 
These are jpg and don’t look as sharp as in Publisher or as the final PDFs used to print the menus.

pizza01.jpg

pizza02.jpg

Great work! I did quite a number of these when I worked at a print shop. Like you I had to rebuild the entire menu from one place as the previous file was a mashup of layers upon layers to the point of absurdity. I knew it would take less time to rebuild from ground up than to try to continue the madness. Unfortunately the shop was all Adobe. That said, I've been using Affinity apps exclusively for over 5 years (Publisher as long as it has existed - yes, from the first Beta), and have had no problems or regrets. I can truly appreciate the effort that you put into this menu. Again, fantastic job.

Hi there James

You have a menu with a huge amount of dishes there!

I hope that constructive criticism is not unwelcome, but I must say that I see it too bloated and I find it confusing, the purple and gold color bars make it look even heavier. I do not find the hierarchy of the brand and contact details and social media, I think you need to work there... The fonts should not be stretched like that and there is too much information. if i were the client i would come out a bit dizzy. I would also separate the photos a bit so that they are distinguishable from each other. I would use a single style for the incisors, like the silhouette that looks like a leaf, also in the coupons.

On the positive side, I must say that I like the idea of the coupons on the sides and the use of serif fonts in that section.

I'm not usually "Politically Correct", but I like to help and this menu card is quite improvable; that's why I say so.

Ha, ha! I don’t mind the critique, @Giovanni Pietri. I had no say in the design at all. I just created what was already designed by someone else as they provided. It is also very difficult to change if the menu changes much at all. Could cause a major do-over and headache for sure. I just posted this to show some of what Publisher can do along with photo and designer. Something I haven’t seen from anyone else. It actually doesn’t look too bad when printed and folded. Many other pizza/sub style businesses in the area here, have menus that look very similar in design.