You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector file formats

Is it possible to save an AD file in a vector format that can be read by other similar vector apps?

The reason I'm asking is that for years I have been asking Serif when they will add a 'Dimensioning' feature to AD like was previously available in the old DrawPlus app but this ha not appeared yet. Therefore if there was a common vector file format that I could use then I could open the drawing in another app that does have the dimension feature.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

SVG is a very popular format which can be read by most vector applications.

Just go to menu "File -> Export" and then choose SVG from the drop-down at the top-middle of the dialog.

Note: Not all SVG features can be exported/imported/used by all vector applications.

Edited by GarryP
Added clarification.

1 hour ago, jackamus said:

The reason I'm asking is that for years I have been asking Serif when they will add a 'Dimensioning' feature to AD like was previously available in the old DrawPlus app but this ha not appeared yet.

Do you mean something like the Measure and Area Tool in ADesigner v2?

image.png.f05ecfa1d7f92c9b34f767d5cd618f1c.png

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I wasn't aware that there was an AD2! Do I have to buy this or can I download it like any other update?

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

I think they mean (jackamus, correct me if I’m wrong) a 'proper' Dimensioning Tool which can add dimensions to the document, like in CAD applications, rather than just measuring things.

Yes that is what I meant. I just checked out this tool in AD2 and it is not what I want. Will it ever get added to AD2? - I won't hold my breath!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0