You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 Photo opens on recent rather than account

For me it does not do this. It opens on Account, New, or Recent, whichever one I last used. But if I use a different pane it will open on that next time. I'm on macOS.

Edited by MikeTO
correction

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

8 hours ago, MikeTO said:

For me it does do this. It opens on Account, New, or Recent, whichever one I last used. But if I use a different pane it will open on that next time. I'm on macOS.

If I remember correctly that's how it works for me on Windows, too. (But I'm away from the PC at the moment.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

13 hours ago, MikeTO said:

For me it does do this. It opens on Account, New, or Recent, whichever one I last used. But if I use a different pane it will open on that next time. I'm on macOS.

It does for me as well. I'm on macOS Catalina.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 11/10/2022 at 10:19 PM, MikeTO said:

That's way it works for me as well. I'm on Windows 11.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, user_0815 said:

Is it possible to set a keyboard shortcut to the "Recent" panel?

No, but you can set one to File > Open Recent which is different but similar in some ways.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

5 hours ago, user_0815 said:

Is it possible to set a keyboard shortcut to the "Recent" panel?

Alt+Shift+O opens the Recent panel in APhoto

In Designer and Publisher, you can assign your own shortcut

(Windows 11)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Alt+Shift+O opens the Recent panel in APhoto

Specifically, it is the File > Open Recent > More... menu command. Since I use it quite often, I changed it to just Option+O (where Option is the same as the Alt key on Macs), & set that shortcut for the other 2 Affinity apps as well. It still takes a little mental effort for me to remember to use Option+O rather than CMD+O but since there is no way to set the apps to default to opening anything but the New tab on start up it is better than nothing.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

51 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Specifically, it is the File > Open Recent > More... menu command. Since I use it quite often, I changed it to just Option+O (where Option is the same as the Alt key on Macs), & set that shortcut for the other 2 Affinity apps as well. It still takes a little mental effort for me to remember to use Option+O rather than CMD+O but since there is no way to set the apps to default to opening anything but the New tab on start up it is better than nothing.

Nice, I wasn't aware of the menu item  File > Open Recent > More... and set it to CMD+O. 👍

2 hours ago, user_0815 said:

Nice, I wasn't aware of the menu item  File > Open Recent > More... and set it to CMD+O. 👍

I considered setting it to CMD+O but since that is the Mac standard for the File > Open command, I decided it would be too weird for the Affinity apps not to use it for that; thus, my choice of Option+O.

Affinity Photo