You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using APhoto v2 - a photographer's POV

First of all, thanks for these updates, excited to try out the tools! I do have some issues that I've found after an hour of trying to use this as an alternative to other photo editors that I'd hope to see addressed:

1. A way to save raw edits as XMP instead of requiring the saving of an .afphoto file, the idea of closing down in an ecosystem, particularly with the lack of a DAM, doesn't sound appealing. It sounds like that's kind of what the Embedded and Linked options do, however the Linked option did not actually add any files to my system (I kept watch on any files with the same file name as the photo), so I'm unsure what the difference between the two is.

2. Global presets for RAW edits, instead of one per page. It's a bit confusing as is. Also a way to edit existing presets and save it as such, instead of deleting a preset, remaking it from scratch and saving that. Also this is likely a bug, but when opening a new raw file to edit, the settings are set to Default, but the "selected" preset is the last used one, requiring switching to Default and back to the saved preset to actually change things, sometimes even doing it multiple times, the feature seems quite buggy. Also, ideally a Preset Manager would also be present, to be able to see exactly what each preset does, and potentially tweak from there.

3. Non-destructive cropping is a must. Honestly just something similar to the artboards, so if you crop an image you can adjust the crop later. I could just open the file in ADesigner, but that's an extra step that could be avoided.

3.1. Keep a strict ratio for cropping, but allow to rotate the crop based on mouse position when dragging the crop selection around (see how cropping operates in other apps like Lightroom and Capture One).

4. Split view of photo without edits, or just being able to toggle the raw edits on and off for preview purposes.

5. It's not clear enough that a photo is a RAW file, a button similar to the FX one would work wonders and make it much clearer what it does.

6. There's something about the Overlays panel that feels incomplete, I think it should be closer in look and feel to the Layers panel but then again, how is this better than just duplicating the layer, making the adjustments in that raw layer, and applying a mask to that? Even more powerful then because you can use images and the like.

I might add more to the list once I spend more time on this, but so far I'm somewhat disappointed. Non destructive raw editing was a highlight of the announcement, so I thought it's finally a good standalone photo editor. It is clear however that the app development is still walking in the shadow of CameraRaw and while there have been some improvements and additions that are much welcome, I'm sad to say that I'll likely be sticking with Capture One, despite my wishes for that to not be the case, not because of the lack of a DAM (just making that clear), but because of the lack of a good, non destructive, open photo editing flow.

Edited by m.vlad
added 6
Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

43 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

kind of what the Embedded and Linked options do

Those are for imported files, not for the newly created/modified document content.  In the case of RAW files you have the option of linking to the existing RAW file, for example, instead of copying (embedding) the RAW data into the Affinity Photo file.  This helps to reduce consumed disk space by not storing an extra copy of the data, but also means that there is a dependency on the existing, external file to be present in order to make use of the document (afphoto file).

46 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

the idea of closing down in an ecosystem

That is going to happen anyway; even if Affinity Photo did save your RAW development steps in an XMP it would not be usable in anything else anyway since nothing else would reproduce the same processing that Photo would have done on the original RAW data.  About the only thing you could really trust to be usable would be metadata (author/copyright info, etc.).

49 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

Non-destructive cropping is a must.

This is already possible as long as you use a RAW layer instead of a pixel layer when developing.  The crop tool in the Develop persona can be reselected to regain access to the previously cropped data.  If you use the crop tool in the Photo persona after developing, you need to check the Reveal checkbox on the context toolbar to see the hidden parts of the image which were previously cropped out.

55 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

Split view of photo without edits

There is a split view available from the main toolbar in the Develop persona which compares the current image with the image as it was when you entered the persona.

56 minutes ago, m.vlad said:

It's not clear enough that a photo is a RAW file

An Affinity Photo document is not a RAW file.  It is more like a Photoshop document.

When you open a RAW file it lands you in the Develop persona to develop the RAW data, and the "Output" setting on the context toolbar defaults to a pixel layer.  If you leave it that way, when you develop the image and return to the Photo persona, the RAW data is thrown away at that point and you are left with a non-RAW image ready to be further modified.  If you change it to a RAW Layer instead, then the RAW data is retained and the layer containing the RAW image is a RAW layer, which is indicated if you hover the mouse over the left edge of that layer in the Layers panel (where most other layer types have an icon to indicate what type they are, for some reason the RAW layers seem to have a blank icon right now, at least on mine).  As long as you leave it as a RAW layer, you can go back to the Develop persona to further adjust it, but most of the editing tools in the Photo persona will not work on that layer without first converting it to a pixel layer, at which point it loses the RAW data and the edits become destructive.  (You can place other types of layers over top of it, however, including adjustment layers and live filters, and any of those layers can have masks to adjust selected areas, so in the end the available functionality when working non-destructively with RAW data - which is what the RAW layers offer - is similar to that of the tools you mentioned, but without the benefit of catalogs or an image browser of any kind to assist with culling or with working between multiple images).

1 minute ago, fde101 said:

Those are for imported files, not for the newly created/modified document content.  In the case of RAW files you have the option of linking to the existing RAW file, for example, instead of copying (embedding) the RAW data into the Affinity Photo file.  This helps to reduce consumed disk space by not storing an extra copy of the data, but also means that there is a dependency on the existing, external file to be present in order to make use of the document (afphoto file).

Thanks that actually clarifies quite a bit!

2 minutes ago, fde101 said:

That is going to happen anyway; even if Affinity Photo did save your RAW development steps in an XMP it would not be usable in anything else anyway since nothing else would reproduce the same processing that Photo would have done on the original RAW data.  About the only thing you could really trust to be usable would be metadata (author/copyright info, etc.).

True, but an xmp can be approximated. It would also mean smaller file sizes.

4 minutes ago, fde101 said:

This is already possible as long as you use a RAW layer instead of a pixel layer when developing.  The crop tool in the Develop persona can be reselected to regain access to the previously cropped data.  If you use the crop tool in the Photo persona after developing, you need to check the Reveal checkbox on the context toolbar to see the hidden parts of the image which were previously cropped out.

That sounds very confusing, it should just work like an artboard crop ootb.

5 minutes ago, fde101 said:

There is a split view available from the main toolbar in the Develop persona which compares the current image with the image as it was when you entered the persona.

But what if you develop the image, go back to the main persona, then reopen it? I'll test a bit later, I couldn't see a split view option earlier but it's been a while since I've used afphoto.

7 minutes ago, fde101 said:

An Affinity Photo document is not a RAW file.  It is more like a Photoshop document.

When you open a RAW file it lands you in the Develop persona to develop the RAW data, and the "Output" setting on the context toolbar defaults to a pixel layer.  If you leave it that way, when you develop the image and return to the Photo persona, the RAW data is thrown away at that point and you are left with a non-RAW image ready to be further modified.  If you change it to a RAW Layer instead, then the RAW data is retained and the layer containing the RAW image is a RAW layer, which is indicated if you hover the mouse over the left edge of that layer in the Layers panel (where most other layer types have an icon to indicate what type they are, for some reason the RAW layers seem to have a blank icon right now, at least on mine).  As long as you leave it as a RAW layer, you can go back to the Develop persona to further adjust it, but most of the editing tools in the Photo persona will not work on that layer without first converting it to a pixel layer, at which point it loses the RAW data and the edits become destructive.  (You can place other types of layers over top of it, however, including adjustment layers and live filters, and any of those layers can have masks to adjust selected areas, so in the end the available functionality when working non-destructively with RAW data - which is what the RAW layers offer - is similar to that of the tools you mentioned, but without the benefit of catalogs or an image browser of any kind to assist with culling or with working between multiple images).

I am aware it's not a raw file, maybe my message wasn't clear enough, I meant to say the raw layer is not clearly labeled as such in some way (no, the tiny icon to the side is not enough), you just have to know that this one layer, when selected, allows you to (re)develop it. There was no need for the rest of the paragraph. For one, I am already aware of the features the app has, as I've watched their "what's new" video series - the only part I found confusing was no.1, and only because it's not too clear by itself what those mean. Secondly, I already addressed how my complaints go further than "no DAM bad". So far the raw editing is slightly better than camera raw, but still only works when the intention is to do a few small tweaks before actually doing photo manipulation and the like, instead of being a fully fledged raw editor with the option to take that further. It is no photo editor replacer for me, at least not in its current state, though I'm optimistic it could be at one point in its V2 lifecycle.

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

9 hours ago, m.vlad said:

But what if you develop the image, go back to the main persona, then reopen it?

In this case the comparison is currently against what you previously developed, rather than where you started.  The starting point is not really the RAW image though, it is an image developed with a default set of parameters which may or may not match those of the camera, so the value of this feature beyond comparing against the starting point will vary depending on use case.

It would certainly be nice to be able to save checkpoints of some sort (complete sets of development parameters) and pick which one to compare with, as well as having the option to compare against a different layer or even a different document/photo entirely, but as far as I can tell those options are not currently available.

That sounds very confusing, it should just work like an artboard crop

I'm not sure what is meant by an "artboard crop", but if it is what I am imagining it to be, this basically is - it simply hides the part of the image that is cropped off when you are not using the tool.  The catch is that when you switch to the Photo persona, the cropped-off part remains hidden when you use the crop tool again unless you check the "Reveal" checkbox (even if it is hidden when using the tool you can still get it back by expanding the cropped region and clicking Apply - it is still there, just not visible).

It is indeed more complicated to explain than to see in practice - try it once or twice and it is actually straightforward to make use of.

no, the tiny icon to the side is not enough

I can't even see the icon, so I certainly would not argue that there could be some improvement in the visibility of this indication.  You could always rename the layer to give yourself a better reminder in the meantime.

Actually, there is a workaround for the comparison against the original or even a different picture entirely, if you set up for it in advance - but it is not a particularly good or satisfactory one:

1. Open the RAW image in Photo, placing you in the Develop persona.
  2. Change "Output" to one of the "RAW Layer" options
  3. Click "Develop" to develop the image as-is and return to the Photo persona.
  4. Duplicate the RAW layer in the Layers panel.
  5. Lock the duplicate of the layer.
  6. Select the RAW layer on the bottom (this is the one you would actually be working on - the one on top is a reference copy of the original, or it could be substituted with some other picture you want to compare against).
  7. Switch back to the Develop persona.
  8. Turn OFF the "Show All Layers" checkbox on the context toolbar.
  9. Develop the image to taste.
  10. Use the "Show All Layers" checkbox to compare with the original image - the entire image will be toggled so it is not a split, but still lets you flip back and forth.

To get a split view from here:

1. Develop what you have and switch back to the Photo persona.
  2. Drag out a shape (most likely a rectangle) covering the part of the original image (the reference layer) you want to be visible for comparison
  3. Drag the layer over the thumbnail of the reference layer to turn it into a mask.
  4. If you made any changes to the original image, the split should be visible even in the Photo persona since you applied the mask to the reference layer on top.
  5. Select the lower (working) layer and switch back to the Develop persona.
  6. You can now use the "Show All Layers" checkbox as a toggle for the split view, but you need to repeatedly develop the image and switch back and forth between the Develop and Photo personas to adjust the split point (by resizing or otherwise adjusting the shape being used as a mask.  (Note that you can toggle the visibility of the mask to switch back and forth between a full-image reference and a split reference).

Note that when you are finished developing, you will need to turn off the visibility of your reference layer on the Photo persona before doing any additional work on the image.  If you go back later to re-develop the image you will need to make it visible again temporarily in order to be able to continue using it as a reference in the Develop persona.

This trick actually does have the benefit of allowing multiple reference images to be in place.  You can toggle them on and off in the Photo persona to determine which one(s) to view while in the Develop persona.  You can have multiple references showing at once by arranging the masks accordingly.

You can also create additional duplicates of the working layer along the way to A/B different developed versions using the same techniques.

It is far from ideal, and it would be great if Serif would implement this more correctly into not only the Develop persona but the Pixel persona as well, but it does work.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:03 PM, m.vlad said:

Global presets for RAW edits, instead of one per page.....

Also a way to edit existing presets and save it as such, instead of deleting a preset, remaking it from scratch and saving that.

...the settings are set to Default, but the "selected" preset is the last used one, requiring switching to Default and back to the saved preset to actually change things, sometimes even doing it multiple times, the feature seems quite buggy. ...

Yes to the One Preset idea.

I just select the preset, and that will make the settings I want to tweak a bit available then ... Sigh, yes save it and delete the old one. But I never start by deleting then starting over from scratch. 

I just select the preset by clicking then release the mouse button once the menu opens, I don't have to change to Default. But it bugs me no end that I have to do that click in the first place.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:21 PM, Old Bruce said:

Yes to the One Preset idea.

I just select the preset, and that will make the settings I want to tweak a bit available then ... Sigh, yes save it and delete the old one. But I never start by deleting then starting over from scratch. 

I just select the preset by clicking then release the mouse button once the menu opens, I don't have to change to Default. But it bugs me no end that I have to do that click in the first place.

Just want to add that I agree with the need for a more complete preset implementation. The preset should be able to cover all the RAW editing sliders, not just the ones from a single panel.

Also, there should really be some kind of auto-sync between files. The simplest implementation would be an option to "duplicate these changes to all open files" or something similar. When working with a set of bracketed photos, for example, I just want to get the color and lights/darks right on one image, then apply the same settings to all the others in the set. Currently that requires clicking on the same preset multiple times, but it could be just one button.

3 hours ago, Ian Tompkins said:

Just want to add that I agree with the need for a more complete preset implementation. The preset should be able to cover all the RAW editing sliders, not just the ones from a single panel.

Once you develop your Raw image (non-destructively) switch to the Move tool and you will have the option to Replace Image in the context toolbar

The Replaced image will have the same (Raw) settings that the original Raw file had. This may speed up some users' workflow a bit.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

7 hours ago, carl123 said:

Once you develop your Raw image (non-destructively) switch to the Move tool and you will have the option to Replace Image in the context toolbar

The Replaced image will have the same (Raw) settings that the original Raw file had. This may speed up some users' workflow a bit.

I had not figured that out, yet, Carl. Yes, it should be helpful. Thanks!

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

I had not figured that out, yet, Carl. Yes, it should be helpful. Thanks!

You might like this as well - if it's doing what I think it's doing.

New document
File Place (e.g 3,4,5,12) Raw files in the document
Observe: Layer panel and Context Toolbar indicate they remain RAW files (Not pixel layers as in V1)

Select all Layers and go into Develop persona (switch off "Show All Layers" in there, just in case)
Make whatever adjustments are needed and exit the Develop persona

Observe:
Now all layers have those RAW adjustments
All layers are still RAW layers
All RAW adjustments are non-destructive and can be tweaked back in the Develop persona

Now simply use the Export persona to export all Layers as JPG, TIFFs files!

Am I missing something or can we now do mass processing of RAW files

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, Murfee said:

It is, just tried with 10 raw files. The export was slightly slow but considering there were 10 it was manageable, definitely a useable method.

Thanks for testing this

I don't use RAW files (just test ones) so was not sure it was working or not

Hopefully it will be of use to some people until we get proper Batch processing of RAW files

13 minutes ago, Murfee said:

Another little thing I found, you can't change the output from the develop persona but you can in the resource manager and it keeps the develop settings

Sure can

You can even batch process a whole folder of files

12 hours ago, carl123 said:

You might like this as well - if it's doing what I think it's doing.

New document
File Place (e.g 3,4,5,12) Raw files in the document
Observe: Layer panel and Context Toolbar indicate they remain RAW files (Not pixel layers as in V1)

Select all Layers and go into Develop persona (switch off "Show All Layers" in there, just in case)
Make whatever adjustments are needed and exit the Develop persona

Observe:
Now all layers have those RAW adjustments
All layers are still RAW layers
All RAW adjustments are non-destructive and can be tweaked back in the Develop persona

Now simply use the Export persona to export all Layers as JPG, TIFFs files!

Am I missing something or can we now do mass processing of RAW files

Oh wow, this is great, thanks for sharing. I will add that if you want the layers to be linked (like I do) you have to set your placement policy before placing them in the document (see screenshot).

This would actually be a really good solution for bracketed photos, if only I could Stack or HDR merge using layers from the current document instead of separate documents. As it is, I would have to export TIFs as you described, only to re-import them as a merge and delete the TIFs—an unnecessary extra step.

What I'm finding is that Affinity Photo is very close to being an improvement on Camera RAW/Photoshop for RAW editing, but there are a few rough edges that slow down the workflow. A relatively short list of improvements, combined with genuine innovations like the one above, would really put AP over the top for me. Here's hoping some of these more subtle refinements will come with updates.

Screen Shot 2022-11-15 at 7.21.13 PM.png

On 11/15/2022 at 1:24 AM, Ian Tompkins said:

Yesterday I uploaded a technique to batch process RAW files

STEP 1 of that technique should allow you to create a simple Macro that contains all the slider settings so you can apply them to other images

12 hours ago, carl123 said:

Yesterday I uploaded a technique to batch process RAW files

STEP 1 of that technique should allow you to create a simple Macro that contains all the slider settings so you can apply them to other images

Confirmed, this worked very well for me on a set of 10 images on a Mac. In my case, I also used a different macro first to ensure that each RAW was linked, and I batched them into .afphoto files.

I would still prefer to not have to make a special macro for each set of photos as this requires constant management (deleting old macros) and is a few extra clicks. However, I'm quite happy with this for now.

Thanks for the tip!

On 11/16/2022 at 1:32 AM, Ian Tompkins said:

This would actually be a really good solution for bracketed photos, if only I could Stack or HDR merge using layers from the current document instead of separate documents.

Try this...

File > New Stack (creates a new document) (Use just one file for the stack)

In your current document with all the Layers, select them all and copy

Goto the new document, select the Live Stack Group layer and Edit > Paste Inside that 

Delete the original file in that group - that you originally created the Stack from

You may need to Document > Clip Canvas at this point

I was just playing with something else when I saw this may work for you but have not had time to test it properly

On 11/27/2022 at 6:05 AM, carl123 said:

Try this...

File > New Stack (creates a new document) (Use just one file for the stack)

In your current document with all the Layers, select them all and copy

Goto the new document, select the Live Stack Group layer and Edit > Paste Inside that 

Delete the original file in that group - that you originally created the Stack from

You may need to Document > Clip Canvas at this point

I was just playing with something else when I saw this may work for you but have not had time to test it properly

Hmm. This didn't quite work for me. I tested the Stacking, and the alignment did not work so well with the paste method. The images did align well when I stacked them as a group with File > New Stack. And it unfortunately won't work for HDR merge either, as that tool does not create a live group. Once you commit the HDR merge settings, they are flattened.

That said, thank you for exploring and sharing!

• 3 weeks later...

This is as good of a place to put this as any.

I sent this to Serif outside of the message boards with regard to the current Capture One Pro licensing debacle.

I am a retired engineer, strategist, marketer, investment banker, and now photographer/creative.  I use Capture One and the full suite of Affinity products.

As I am certain that you are aware Capture One was/is popular in part because they had a robust perpetual licensing model (plus a fantastic product). Many of the same reasons that Affinity apps are very popular.  

Capture One has made a move to force users into a defacto subscription model and ANGRY does not begin to explain the sentiment of the ~50% of users that are perpetual licensees.

Opportunity

The opportunity for Serif is for "Affinity Develop", an application that is a competitor to Lightroom, Capture One, DxO, etc.  While not a trivial task to develop, the core is already done in Affinity Photo, simply strip out the develop module and wrap a DAM around it and you are ready to go.

I would hope that Affinity Develop (as I like to call it) is in actuality fairly far along. Now would be a GREAT time to "leak" that news.

Threat

The threat is much more subtle, like many C1P users I am now looking at alternatives such as DxO, LR, Topaz Labs, RawTherapee, and Dark Table.

If people bite the bullet and return to Adobe (I am an Adobe refugee from the subscription licensing model) then not only do they get Lightroom but also Photoshop and LR for iPad. Thereby deprecating Affinity Photo.

I am trialing all of the app mentioned above and am leaning toward moving back to LR. It would be fantastic to have a complete Serif Affinity suite including "Affinity Develop".  Roundtrips between it and Affinity Photo would be much more elegant than LR and PS and it would mimic (hopefully better) Adobe's camera raw.

Here is some of the anger directed at CO.

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/7998068628637-Changes-to-the-way-licensing-updates-and-upgrades-work-FAQ

Alternatively a simply a DAM created for AP would be sufficient.

As primarily a photographer, if I chose to return to Adobe (their subscription is much more favorable than CO's) then PS will displace AP.  I would rather be horsewhipped than return to a subscription model but CO is forcing our hands.  So come on Serif, show us photographers some love!!!

As an aside once the move is made to LR/PS that customer for AP is probably lost. The transition from C1P to LR will be painful and most won't want to make that kind of transition again anytime soon.

I would drop C1P like a hot potato if there was an Affinity solution.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/16/2022 at 5:58 AM, KC Honie said:

As an aside once the move is made to LR/PS that customer for AP is probably lost. The transition from C1P to LR will be painful and most won't want to make that kind of transition again anytime soon.

I would drop C1P like a hot potato if there was an Affinity solution.

Same here. Have already bought a copy of DxO PhotoLab because of C1 has been appalling with supporting new camera models. It's good, but not Affinity good.

Would love to see Serif step into this part of the market. Not sure what limitations LibRaw place on that. I know it's a whole new frontier to develop a RAW Workflow solution, but C1 have botched it and most of us are already here because we wanted to get as far away from Adobe as possible. 

12 hours ago, Ewen said:

Same here. Have already bought a copy of DxO PhotoLab because of C1 has been appalling with supporting new camera models. It's good, but not Affinity good.

Would love to see Serif step into this part of the market. Not sure what limitations LibRaw place on that. I know it's a whole new frontier to develop a RAW Workflow solution, but C1 have botched it and most of us are already here because we wanted to get as far away from Adobe as possible. 

The interesting part is Serif is nearly there with the develop module in Affinity Photo, by extracting that module and attaching a credible DAM to it they would have a great competitor to the other Raw Developers.  Alternatively they could simply create an add on DAM for AP2.

If I go with LR/PS then I will use PS not AP2 (which I have a license for) because of the Camera Raw integration between the two is much better than round tripping between AP2 and LR.

Maybe Serif thinks the photography segment is too small to add a Raw Developer app and I respect that, but it drives some of us to other solutions.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) Mac OS 13 | 4.2 GHz Quad Core Intel-Core i7 | 64GB Ram | Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Adobe Photography (Lightroom and Photoshop) | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2 | Capture One Pro (for now) | Topaz Labs Photography Suite | Fast Raw Viewer | NeoFinder

• 3 weeks later...

Update:  I left Capture One and went with Adobe so I installed both LR and PS.  So other than needing to go back to a few images that I have edited in AP2 I have transitioned back to PS nearly entirely.  I really hated to do that but there was just not a Serif solution :(