You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

migration of user info not working

Hi

I loaded the V2 version today and when asked to migrate user data I said yes. When I then went to you the app none of my user presets for Develop basic, Lens and Dtl setting for me appropriate lens were there. It appears the migration didn't work.

Can you please advise how I can migrate these setting which still exist in V1 to V2 as they will be very time consuming to redo Manually. Also for Some reason I always have to manually redo screen tool studio layouts for despite having manually migrated the previous layout presets to the new loaded application, Why?

Lastly when undocking the tool bar and studios from the left side of the imaging viewing monitor and place on the panels monitor in a two monitor setup,  the single column tool bar does not go to the top of the screen as in V1. See images below.

Can you please advise how I can migrate these setting which still exist in V1 to V2 as they will be very time consuming to redo Manually. Would appreciate this greatly

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 8.36.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 8.38.27 PM.png

11 hours ago, Andrew Crawford said:

Following, as my LUT and macros' never migrated.

Both migrated for me. What OS are you using, where is AP V1 stored on your system, & does it still have the default "Affinity Photo" name?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, R C-R said:

Both migrated for me. What OS are you using, where is AP V1 stored on your system, & does it still have the default "Affinity Photo" name?

My OS is a macbook Pro.  AP V1 is  stored in my applications  folder and still has the AP name.  Is there a way i can try manually to migrate those files besides loading them 1 file at a time?

Hi Andrew

I manually go to User, library, application support, Affinity Photo folder.

In there you will find all of the files necessary to get everything back up and running, except personas studio layouts in V1. I moved a copy of all of the contents this V1 folder to the Affinity Photo V2 folder in the same application support folder after the first launch of the V2 app. This essential does the same as with V1. All of my user data is migrated however the same personas problem exists so I have to recreate the persona layouts and the Develop Lens presets don't appear to transfer so the app must be looking somewhere else for them. I am still trying to find out where they are to see if I can avoid have to do this one at a time.

The v2 app seems to be working OK for except for these two issues I have.

I hope this makes sense and helps out

2 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

... however the same personas problem exists so I have to recreate the persona layouts and the Develop Lens presets don't appear to transfer so the app must be looking somewhere else for them.

Just guessing but it is possible that there has been a format change in how those items are stored so V2 cannot use them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

so the app must be looking somewhere else for them.

Or they just didn't consider transferring them. Or they didn't have time to complete implementing that part of the transfer process. Or, as R C-R suggested, because they had changed sufficiently that transferring them would not work, or would not work without too much development work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt & RD-R

I am not sure I agree since the problem with personas exists on V1 as well as V2. As for the develop presets they are needed for all my archive images for 5 different camera and lens models dating back 15 years, so this would be a major problem. I need the lens presets to properly develop the images should I wish to go back and take advantage of the new features in V2. I can recreate them manually but it would be time very time consuming. Can we not find out how we could import them into V2, especially since the macro, assets, brushes, LUT's and shortcuts can be imported?

Lens types are important for lens corrections like  chromatic aberrations, distortion correction, etc.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions

2 minutes ago, spiderpod7d said:

I am not sure I agree since the problem with personas exists on V1 as well as V2.

I'm not sure I understand what the personas problem is. Can you elaborate a bit more about that? What V! file were you hoping would contain the studio panel layouts?

Affinity Photo 

9 hours ago, spiderpod7d said:

Can we not find out how we could import them into V2,

I think you want the develop.propcol file. I provided some advice for another of the propcol files, located in the same directory, here: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

23 hours ago, spiderpod7d said:

Hi Andrew

I manually go to User, library, application support, Affinity Photo folder.

In there you will find all of the files necessary to get everything back up and running, except personas studio layouts in V1. I moved a copy of all of the contents this V1 folder to the Affinity Photo V2 folder in the same application support folder after the first launch of the V2 app. This essential does the same as with V1. All of my user data is migrated however the same personas problem exists so I have to recreate the persona layouts and the Develop Lens presets don't appear to transfer so the app must be looking somewhere else for them. I am still trying to find out where they are to see if I can avoid have to do this one at a time.

The v2 app seems to be working OK for except for these two issues I have.

I hope this makes sense and helps out

Hi, i finally worked out how to get into application support folder, but there is no folder for for Affinity photo.  would that be because i have no content so it didnt create one, or should there be a Aff photo 1 and 2 folder regardless. thanks for the help

Hi Andrew

The folder won't appear until after the app is launched once. It will not have much in it so default items because you haven't either created presets, macros, lens profiles etc.

There should be the support folders for both V1 and V2 if both are installed and have been launched prior to looking into their folder.

Walt indicated in an initial post that the Develop presets and persona presets will not transfer with the initial data migration on initial launch.

Hope this helps

53 minutes ago, Andrew Crawford said:

I dont even seem to have a library folder.

By default in the macOS the user level Library folder is hidden. There are several ways to show it, one of which is to use the Finder Go menu & type (without the quotes) "~/Library"

You can Google "show user Library folder macOS" or similar to see more.

Affinity Photo 

12 minutes ago, Andrew Crawford said:

The 2nd screen shot (with blue highlight )is from the hidden library from doing what you said, still no affinity folder.  As i said its AP still working though.

Weird. From your screenshot, you don't even have any ~/Library/Application Support folders for V1 of any of the Affinity apps.

Affinity Photo 

Hi again

All my Macs show what I sent you. Are you on an M1 mac and what version OS are you running. The screen shot was from my notebook with old software but my MacPro desk top running Monterey shows the same. The only other thing I can think of is whether your account is set up as an administrator account. If not you may not see the user Library folder.