You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bad quality viewing on Designer V2

i’m so disappointed by the quality while working on ipad. idk why but when working on V2 on my ipad pro, the lines and edges get pixelated. so i attached 2 screenshots where you can see the difference. the blue one is the V2 and the red, V1. same device and a terrible experience on the ipad.

extra issue!

with the V1 i could save my project on the cloud in my projects area so i could continue on my mac. now i have to keep the project open, save as a copy, open files, replace the project made by the new one. 

i love the effort and hard work to make something fresh, but it is just more complicated to use right now. specially on the quick things like save an open project.

CFA619D4-5F90-4A52-A747-1D864293978C.png

E4A7B628-1968-4CCA-89AF-7BD669640782.png

6 hours ago, Szymon Kalle said:

I got exacly same problem with those jagged lines on ipad pro 12,9 from 2021 (5gen). Hope this is easy to fix issue. V1 of Designer works just fine. 

0DCBF400-16CE-48D9-88BD-CF709FEF8CD3.png

oh, i was wondering if it was because mine is not M1, but yours are and it has the same issue. V1 still rocks for me, i just wanted a mesh tool on it.

I am having a similar issue with Publisher 2 on iPad. The issue seems to be with the scaling mode in iPadOS, I only have the issue when the Display Zoom setting on my M1 iPad is set to “more space”. Once I change the iPadOS settings back to default, text and lines are sharp again.

Maybe this is something you could test too? It’s in Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom: View.

Edited by Boyd Pander

On 11/11/2022 at 12:21 PM, arthur germano said:

with the V1 i could save my project on the cloud in my projects area so i could continue on my mac. . 

You can still do this. Just left swipe on the Live Docs screen project icon and tap Save icon to save to default folder.

As far as I can tell, all functionality from V1 has been retained in V2 (though a few are currently a bit buggy and need fixing🙂)

This is a new ui and I’d recommend a quick look through the user interface section of the Help file to cover the basics. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 11/12/2022 at 10:10 AM, Boyd Pander said:

I am having a similar issue with Publisher 2 on iPad. The issue seems to be with the scaling mode in iPadOS, I only have the issue when the Display Zoom setting on my M1 iPad is set to “more space”. Once I change the iPadOS settings back to default, text and lines are sharp again.

Maybe this is something you could test too? It’s in Settings > Display & Brightness > Display Zoom: View.

Thank you, this solved my problem. You got to be in standard view mode to not see those edges. Thank you for tor time and help!

• 1 month later...

In V2.0.3 Affinity Publisher still renders text very poorly with More Space enabled in Display and Brightness settings. More Space is a vast improvement for graphical apps for us 11 inch users so going back to default should not be the solution. Please consider a fix.

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "iPad Anti-aliasing is broken with iPad System Settings > Display > Display Zoom > 'More Space' enabled" (REF: AFD-6154) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1728".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

• 9 months later...

I have version 2.3.0.2165 (ipadOS 17.2)
I still have vector lines with rough jagged lines when rotating the canvas. Small or thin elements look horrible. This happens with any of the Ipad's Display settings. It's very sadly to see these jagged lines, especially when switching from other apps where everything displays smoothly. Fix this as soon as possible please.

ADv2 rough jagged lines.jpg