You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

idml expor ?

I m a designer and my customer ask me indesign source... If there is noway to export my affinity work to idml. I can't use affinity designer and it will be a pity, because the software look like great.

Is there a way to convert a affinity designer file to  indml

So

PDF won't help her, because sophie is speaking about a client that probably wants to edit the files, and InDesign doesn't do that with pdf.

It's a big problem for us designers not to be possible to export idml files. When we work with a team/client that uses InDesign, we need to send them the files in idml, thus everyone would be happy editing the same files. It would be a great thing if Affinity could improve that in Publisher, at least (to be able to export idml). I think Affinity would have a lot of new users because of that.

When I received the e-mail about Affinity 2, I thought "omg, something big is coming? Maybe finally they made that!", but no...

Edited by Camila Medeiros

8 hours ago, Callum said:

Unfortunately its not possible to export to IDML or INDD I'd advise exporting to a PDF.

As you know, PDF is not an exchange format. IDML is.

We are going into a circle, here. Publisher would be a great alternative to InDesign, and would gain share among freelancers, public institutions and shops. But if it can't exchange data with InDesign, it can't be adopted. So, it will not gain share among those who are most fervently waiting for it.

Just imagine a word processor not exporting in DOCX. Or a beautiful car without any standard fuel nozzle or plug.

Paolo

@sophieh, may I ask you to fix the typo in the title? It's very hurting to read!

• 2 months later...