You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows 7 install...

1 minute ago, rptaylor50 said:

I guess I missed the place where it was said V2 will not run on windows 7.

Yes the system requirements have been bumped up across the board, also on the Mac side.

I (grudingly) did the switch to Windows 10 at the start of this year, wasn't pretty. My condolences.

1 minute ago, thomasp said:

Yes the system requirements have been bumped up across the board, also on the Mac side.

I (grudingly) did the switch to Windows 10 at the start of this year, wasn't pretty. My condolences.

I find the lack of that info in the product description uncool.  At any rate, thank you and the other responders.

• Staff

Hi @rptaylor50,

Sorry, as others have mentioned, the software can only be run with Windows 11 or Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004, 20H1, build 19041) or later. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/full-feature-list/

We're sorry you missed the info on our site but if you contact affinity@serif.com with details of your purchase our team will help you through the refund process if you should wish. 

Lee

2 minutes ago, LeeThorpe said:

Hi @rptaylor50,

Sorry, as others have mentioned, the software can only be run with Windows 11 or Windows 10 May 2020 Update (2004, 20H1, build 19041) or later. https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/full-feature-list/

We're sorry you missed the info on our site but if you contact affinity@serif.com with details of your purchase our team will help you through the refund process if you should wish. 

Lee

Lee... thank you.

8 hours ago, ashf said:

Adobe and Corel have cut Windows 7 support long time ago.
You can barely find modern graphic software that still supports Windows 7

There's been a whole lot of water under the bridge since Windows 7 debuted 12 years ago. By this time it's just an old insecure OS. I understand -- IMO the Win7 UI / UX is still better than any Windows since in many ways, but it's a problem waiting to happen, particularly in a network / security context.

Len
Affinity Photo 2 | QCAD 3 | FastStone | SpyderX Pro | FOSS:  ART darktable  XnView  RawTherapee  Inkscape  G'MIC  LibreOffice
Windows 11 on a 16 GB, Ryzen 5700 8-core laptop with a cheesy little embedded AMD GPU

Canon T8i / 850D | Canon EF 24-70mm F4L IS USM | Canon EF 70-200mm F4 L USM | Rikenon P 50mm f/1.7 | K&F Concept Nano-X filters
...desperately looking for landscapes in Nolandscapeland        https://www.flickr.com/photos/14015058@N07/

im on win 7 too (will upgrade in coming months) but i know that it was told on the forum by a team member (it was not prime subject of the topic) long time ago (months/years) that V2 will not support Win 7,  maybe it was in beta forum section ?

Core i7 4770 - AMD Radeon RX 6500XT - 32GB RAM - Asus z87-Pro - Asus Phoebus - Windows 7 x64 SP1 / Windows 10 x64) - https://danielmoravek.com

On 11/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, LeeThorpe said:

Hi @rptaylor50,

Lee

Lee... your folks have responded and are implementing a refund to me.  I want to thank them, you, and the Serif group in general for providing a high level of customer service.  Based on my experience you guys do service right in addition to providing quality products at great prices.

Peace.

On 11/10/2022 at 10:16 PM, LeeThorpe said:

Hi @rptaylor50,

Lee

Why is it distributed in MSIX? Any good reason? Because it seems you can't change installation path and my Windows Drive is too small...

1 hour ago, tar4c said:

Why is it distributed in MSIX? Any good reason? Because it seems you can't change installation path and my Windows Drive is too small...

Are you talking about installing on Windows 7? That's what this topic is about. If you are taking about Windows 7,  V2 requires Windows 10, so installing shouldn't matter.

But to answer your question: 

Also, for help installing on a different drive: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1