You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I install affinity on my iPad?

1 hour ago, All Media Lab said:

Hi,

Purchased the Universal license and want to install the affinity apps on my iPad. The downloads are in my Affinity account I purchased the stuff from Serif directly! Not from the app store.

Thanks!

David 

Try logging into your Affinity/Serif account at https://store.serif.com/en-us/sign-in/ on your iPad. Then, under the account circle icon drop-down, tap on V2 licenses & downloads and tap on VIEW LICENSE in the section labeled Affinity V2 Universal Licence. There, you should see App Store download links under iPad downloads.

2 hours ago, LeeThorpe said:

Hi All Media Lab,

The apps on the App stores are free to download trials, which enables us to activate your app as soon as you sign in with an Affinity Account which has the universal license.

Lee

One thing I noticed about the V2 apps is that they can't be easily found on the App Store perhaps due to the store's indexing issue for new apps or due to the fact that the V2 apps are new apps separate from the V1 apps and may need to rebuild the star rating and reviews before it gets ranked higher again.

For example, I wasn't able to find the designer app by searching for Affinity Designer. Instead I had to tap a suggested search term like Affinity Designer V2 for iPad or something like it to find all 3 V2 apps.

It may be a good idea to work with Apple on this discoverability issue to let potential customers find the apps easily.

No searching needed on the iPad App Store right now. Just click on Apps at the bottom of the window, and the 3 Affinity V2 apps are at the top of the page, and the top of the Must Have list.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I have managed to get payment accepted by using PayPal. All the desktop apps are downloaded on my windows desktop machine. For the ipad versions it says against each "To download, scan the QR code or visit the App Store.". 

How do I scan the QRcode? Is it by using my ipad camera pointed at the desktop screen? Or what?

If I go to the appstore, how do I prove I hold a valid V2 licence? Do I need to have installed one of the desktop apps and activated the licence before I visit the appstore?

I am so old I have never used QR codes before. Your instructions need to be more detailed and considerate to amateur users. 

QRcodes for ipad.jpg

1 minute ago, GrahamMYC said:

I have managed to get payment accepted by using PayPal. All the desktop apps are downloaded on my windows desktop machine. For the ipad versions it says against each "To download, scan the QR code or visit the App Store.". 

How do I scan the QRcode? Is it by using my ipad camera pointed at the desktop screen? Or what?

If I go to the appstore, how do I prove I hold a valid V2 licence? Do I need to have installed one of the desktop apps and activated the licence before I visit the appstore?

I am so old I have never used QR codes before. Your instructions need to be more detailed and considerate to amateur users. 

QRcodes for ipad.jpg

I think if you click the visit the App Store links, you'll be directed to those apps' pages on the App Store. They should be free to download for everyone, but you should have an Affinity/serif account (not the forum account), that you used when you purchased the products, that you could use to log in to activate those apps when you open them.