You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature request not bug - hide brush visualization while painting

cgidesign

Please, please, can you finally allow to disable the brush visualization while painting?

It is very distracting to see this circle or cross or brush preview when painting on a graphics display.

The visualization should only be there if the size of the brush gets changed so that we get an idication about its set size, but hide it otherwise.

EDIT:

Requestet since early V1 version:

Edited by cgidesign
old thread linked

• 3 weeks later...

I completely agree (I had requested it some times in the past, had my hopes in v2  ;) ). But I am posting to add to this that it would still be needed the crosshair, or much better, a tiny arrow or small several pixels "point" (like in CSP). A bunch of us illustrators (and many photographers do) do use pen-tablets (instead of pen-displays) like Wacom Intuos. You need at least tiny cursor as a reference, as you don't have the pen tip over a screen. I do have a screen tablet, but (due to habit) I'm way faster with my Intuos XL. So, while I agree that the circle is very distracting and ruins the experience (even for pen-tablet users), I'd say, keep the crosshair (if an additional tiny -45º arrow can't be added, as in other painting apps, a good thing would be to make the crosshair a tad smaller than now) as an optional thing, even if both circle and crosshair come activated, 'on' by default (for the newbies, an app must be newbie friendly to grow), as we'll very easily configure it to our needs. I also agree that keeping the circle only when changing size is absolutely ideal. But I even managed in other apps to get used to change the size without seeing the circle (as  they don't give me other option, and I prefer not seeing it at all and get used to the increments by keyboard or my favorite; using  the wacom disc).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

You on Windows? If so press the Caps Lock on your keyboard. That will at least hide the circle.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD