You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems importing brushes on iPad Pro v2 apps (split)

JonH27

I’m unable to use most of the add-ons after trying to do a full download of the whole set - can see them all progress through download stage and installation, but they then report that download has failed (“missing propcol”). Tried fully removing the add-ons, reinstalled the v2 apps, retrying… get the same result. iPadOS 15.7.1. Trying to install one add-on at a time makes no difference.

Same for me on both iPad and MacOS except my brushes seem to sync but most of the other images, etc fail with the 'missing propcol' error during the 'install'. Rebooting, etc has no effect. 

Edit:  I should add that I only see this actual error message on MacOS Monterey 12.6.  On my iPad the Affinity apps simply crash when attempting to install the asset.  Downloads with out error but crashing on the install.

Edited by affinbob

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi, 

Could you try launching the apps with ctrl held, you'll see now there's a section at the bottom of the reset dialogue for content across apps.

You can reset the brushes/assets etc at the bottom. If you've not got any custom content then reset all of these, then try to download the content again.

Lee

image.png

On 11/24/2022 at 6:16 AM, LeeThorpe said:

Hi, 

Could you try launching the apps with ctrl held, you'll see now there's a section at the bottom of the reset dialogue for content across apps.

You can reset the brushes/assets etc at the bottom. If you've not got any custom content then reset all of these, then try to download the content again.

Lee

image.png

Thank you Lee. 

I too am having the issues stated above.  I have tried resetting all of the toggles from the preferences menu, uninstalling/reinstalling, etc.  I am running on iPad OS 15.6.1.  

Can you please advise other options to fix the issue?

Thanks.

image.png

42 minutes ago, J_Doughnut said:

I am running on iPad OS 15.6.1.  

To get to that Clear User Data dialog on iPad you need to fully close the app, then when you restart it and get the Splash Screen you do a one-finger double-tap on the Splash.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1