You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Warping and shadow - "box" problem

Kokosz

Hi, I have problem with objects modified by eg. mesh or perspective. After adding a outer shadow to modified object I have a strange invisible box :( I tested all combination renderers and GPU acceleration and this bug is not relevant to this. Also simple adding a shadow to simple object (without warping) works fine, without problem. Something is wrong with warping tool in my opinion.

Indeed, if I add the shadow before the perspective, there are "only" glitches and zooming can remove them (after adding the shadow to the warp group, zooming does not work, does not remove this strange invisible borders). But this is just a workaround and it's independent of renderer or GPU support (I tried all the combinations). Anyway, it's a bug.

Sorry that's not what I meant. The drop shadow effect, you're not putting that on your object but on the warp group.

here, see what I mean

(Sorry, it's missing the FX dialog because I only recorded the window...)

Edited by Xzenor
exchanged the mkv for an mp4 so it can be embedded
  • Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD

You're missing my point :)

At 00:30 you immediately go to add the effect. Don't. Take a look at what I do in my vid at 0:12. I open the warp-group and select the rectangle inside the warp-group and put the effect on that instead of on the warp-group itself..

EDIT: I do think the issue you're running into is not by design and is a bug that should be fixed but this is a way to make it work anyway.

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Intel Core i7-4770 3.40Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM
  • Nvidia Geforce GTX 980
  • Samsung EVO 850 SSD