You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo V2 not seeing the size of the brush when adjusting size

Hi, maybe someone knows if I’m missing something or the option has disappeared. 

When adjusting the size of any brush (inpainting, normal brush…) with the new sliders i dont see the circle that changes so you actually know what size it will be, like it was on V1. Now it has become guess work where you go for a size value (50, 300?) and then brush to see how big it is. 

Is there any way to have it like V1? 

Thanks! 

Same here. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes not. It seems to show up more when zoomed in. I've noticed it on Inpainting, Clone, Dodge and Burn. This isn't some little annoyance, it's a problem. Is there some way to change it or does it need fixing? 

Edited by Shotglass

• Staff

Hi @Sagar manjarres @Shotglass

I am trying to recreate this, could you send me a screen recording of this issue in action?

Could you also advise which iPad you are using , if you are using a pencil and which app? 

On 11/13/2022 at 6:34 AM, Shotglass said:

Same here. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes not. It seems to show up more when zoomed in. I've noticed it on Inpainting, Clone, Dodge and Burn. This isn't some little annoyance, it's a problem. Is there some way to change it or does it need fixing? 

If you are zoomed in the brush is off screen, must zoom back out to see it.

11 minutes ago, Affinity Rat said:

If you are zoomed in the brush is off screen, must zoom back out to see it.

This…and a lot will also have to do with the type of Brush selected…may be quite large by default (as they will have varying default settings, or remembering your previous size selection).

7 hours ago, EmT said:

Hi @Sagar manjarres @Shotglass

I am trying to recreate this, could you send me a screen recording of this issue in action?

Could you also advise which iPad you are using , if you are using a pencil and which app? 

My problem was resolved, I didn't realize this post is pertaining to an iPad. I was having the same problem on desktop. The answer is to turn off caps lock. When toggled on, the brush size reverts to a crosshair regardless of what size brush you set. When toggled off, the brush size circle returns. Maybe the same here, hope this helps. 

• 1 year later...

YEAH, the CAPS-LOCK Trick :-) but how to do it on iPAD? there is no CAPS-LOCK when using BRUSHES... THX for the Solution :-) On actual Version: no chance to see the brush circle while brushing!