You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It could be by design, if you're in 8bit mode you've got 256 variations per channel and that's not very much.

You can try document > color format and choose a 16bit one and see if that helps

Hope that helps

MBd, that is EXACTLY what it was. I just stumbled on that solution and came here to post when I saw your answer.

Thanks

I am getting banding when creating a vignette with a stacked image. I am unclear what to do based on what I have been able to find in help or online.

Adding a vignette to images can be s challenge depending on how you create them, as well as the bit depth - more likely to see banding with an 8-bit image, 16 bit can be better.  One way to reduce the appearance of banding is to add some noise to the Vignette, not perfect but it does help.  Here us is a link that may help https://fstoppers.com/post-production/learn-how-fix-color-banding-using-just-one-simple-tool-7946

Cheers

Mike

• 4 years later...

Hi,

suffering the same issue although changing the document profile to 16 bit does not help..

any other ideas?

thanks

DN

to add: try'd the creative vignette but thats a little too hard coded for my liking and i dont want to have to create my own vignette every time i need a different one [shape/size etc]. Surely there is now a cleaner process to create a vignette or gradient and not be left with banding? I hope so anyhow;)

Edited by DaffinityNoob