You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Should we expect a better deal on Black Friday?

Serif have said there will not be a bigger discount.

They also have not said how long the initial discount will last.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 5:58 PM, walt.farrell said:

Serif have said there will not be a bigger discount.

They also have not said how long the initial discount will last.

Yet, if you look on MS Store it says the offer will be on until the 14th of Dec

Which gives me a few weeks to bag some online sales and justify this expense (I know it's a good deal but I just forked out about £500 for frames and nobody has bought one yet)

Serif's Patrick Connor advised forum members NOT to expect any further reductions (i.e. NO Black Friday deals) in another thread.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

Short of actually giving it away, there will be backlash whatever they do: there will always be a proportion of people you can't please.

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

1 hour ago, awakenedbyowls said:

Yet, if you look on MS Store it says the offer will be on until the 14th of Dec

But what did the Microsoft Store say when I posted that?

At the time I posted, Serif had not decided when the promotional offer wold end. Now they have, and it's Dec. 14.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

But what did the Microsoft Store say when I posted that?

At the time I posted, Serif had not decided when the promotional offer wold end. Now they have, and it's Dec. 14.

I wasn't calling you out for being wrong - just bringing new information that I find to the table (which is apparently already aware)

1 hour ago, Ali said:

Short of actually giving it away, there will be backlash whatever they do…

If it was free, there would still be a backlash from some people. They would want an extra free gift with it as well! 😄

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

@Artsketch,

😁 The day after the fourth Thursday in November (Thanksgiving) traditionally marks the start of the Christmas shopping season in the US, this year on the 25th, but this sale date began on the 9th at Affinity, as it does in many European countries, and I'm going to give you a big reveal.

It's time because you're a grown-up now: Father Christmas doesn't exist. It was your parents and relatives who bought the presents and put them under the tree.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

All the Back Friday sales have started anyway about a week ago - they all run for a few weeks around Black Friday. So this is kinda already a Black Deal as well? lol they should have just called it a Black Friday deal to begin with 😂

It will be on sale on Black Friday, therefore it is already a Black Friday deal

You're welcome

On 11/19/2022 at 10:24 AM, awakenedbyowls said:

All the Back Friday sales have started anyway about a week ago - they all run for a few weeks around Black Friday. So this is kinda already a Black Deal as well? lol they should have just called it a Black Friday deal to begin with 😂

It will be on sale on Black Friday, therefore it is already a Black Friday deal

You're welcome

I don't know about across the pond, but in the US Black Friday is more like the whole month now. Except maybe doorbusters...? COVID changed the practice of opening up a shop to crowds of people sitting practically on top of one another in tight spaces, eating, breathing, sleeping, etc in close quarters.

59 minutes ago, christinejump said:

I first bought all three for $69 each and within 24 hours they went on sale for $49 each. That really stung!!

I'm assuming you are referring to V1? V2 desktop tpps individually have been on sale for $40 and change (US pricing) since it's been out.

Regardless, whether someone paid $69, $49, whichever... the price you paid is what you thought it was worth at the time. I just made some recent $$$ purchases and prices have been fluctuating rapidly. I was aware price could move, but I got away with a steal on a couple of things in my view.

I'm just hoping for myself, you, anyone else who wants to feel included in my hoping, that bugs, etc, are addressed quickly so we can move on and start seeing more feature additions like we've been looking forward to.

15 minutes ago, debraspicher said:

I don't know about across the pond, but in the US Black Friday is more like the whole month now. Except maybe doorbusters...? COVID changed the practice of opening up a shop to crowds of people sitting practically on top of one another in tight spaces, eating, breathing, sleeping, etc in close quarters.

I think it was more the Mass Formation Hysteria that changed a lot of our customs and traditions - brought to us from the Big Pharma Industrial Media Complex (and Big Bird from Sesame Street) Because they Care About Us 🤪

• Staff

Let me confirm, there will not be any additional discount for Black Friday - it so happens that our launch offer will continue over it, but we will remain at 40% off until 14th December.

Managing Director

Help make our apps better by joining our beta program!

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021) / Apple M1 Max / 64GB / macOS 12.0.1

iPad Pro 11-inch 3rd Gen / iPadOS 16.2