You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you for ... feature

2 hours ago, spinhead said:

Considering ADv2

I would suggest downloading it and trying the 30-day trial. Then you'll know for yourself.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

@meefox I suggest watching this review if you wish to get a good grasp of the Shape Builder Tool. The guy has been using Inkscape and Illustrator a bunch before, so I trust his word that it's better than Illustrator's.

https://youtu.be/dW6sqZp8xtw

BIG fan of Nick's work. Thanks for the link.

Thank you for Footnotes - Was glad to see it arrive, watched the video and it only showed creating new ones in AP - "good start" I thought, "maybe Word footnote import will come in 2.1 or 2.2" - tried it out and it already works!!!!

MacBook Pro M1 Max, macOS 12.6.1 Monterey
Affinity Designer : 2.0  Affinity Photo: 2.0,   Affinity Publisher: 2.0

1 minute ago, Mystical said:

I love being able to stack effects like multiple strokes on the same layer. Something I've wanted for years even before Affinity existed and I was still using Photoshop.

Agreed! Reduces the layer complexity tremendously. I use these a lot when making UI, so the change is much appreciated.

Only thing I do wish had been added as well would be the texture tiling feature from Photoshop when using Bevel & Emboss. Had a client who needed help with converting Photoshop files into Affinity, so I had to find some workaround using bitmap fills for the outlines. Still, I'm very happy! :)

The brush engine I have to say is faster. Even in a pattern layer it's updating a 12" x 12" 2400dpi (don't ask) document that has an 1" pattern layer in a zippy manner as I draw. That's actually surprising. I figured they were going for chonky brushery and mark making, not necessarily illustrations relying on heavy rendering (by hand). It's handy for the more demanding brushes which obviously still are slower.

Just testing so far, but props for a cleaner preferences interface (little things mean a lot).

I understand libraries like brushes are sync'd between programs apps now, more integration is better.

In Photo, Mesh Warp is now live. The more live, nondestructive stuff the better.

Finally, thank you for footnotes/endnotes in Publisher. Bout time! 😝

14 minutes ago, kirk23 said:

Why everyone is so excited about that shape builder  while it's always been possible before with boolean operations?   Imo it's just a new interface for the perfectly same thing.   Am I missing something?

One thing I'm excited about the shape builder is that I can "fill" the hole of vector objects with a vector shape with single click.
Like a fill tool for vector.

e.g.
You draw the profile of something with the vector brush.
Then you fill the inside with a vector shape by using the shape builder.

8 hours ago, kirk23 said:

Why everyone is so excited about that shape builder  while it's always been possible before with boolean operations?   Imo it's just a new interface for the perfectly same thing.   Am I missing something?

Yes, it was possible before. Now, it's easy and intuitive. Is it mission critical? No. But, for instance, logo designers who want to compose using 'golden ratio scaled' shapes can now do it in far less time with far less effort.

Axe vs chainsaw.