You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher V2 keeps on crashing (UPDATE: and corrupts files)

35 minutes ago, Pauls said:

the trouble is I need all your files and unless they are all in one or two folders that can be easily zipped up its difficult to replicate the problems. Packaging the file forces a relink anyway which often resolves the issue we are trying to investigate

Do you think this is related to the update from V1.5 to 2? 
Why Afpub crashes when changing the bullets icons on a bullet point list?
Should I in future always package files or is embedding images also possible?

27 minutes ago, Pauls said:

@big smileIf you can hone it down to a couple of files in the same folder we will of course look into it. For me I cant recreate the problem from the previous sample

@Pauls Hi, I have done this.

I have created a  new file called "Main File". All linked Photos in the file have been replaced with a text box that says "Photos goes here". As a result, there are only two linked Publisher files, which should make it easier to reproduce. I have included the two linked Publisher files. 

I have also included a screen recording. (It has the file name "Screen Recording 2022-12-21 at 15.57.08.mov"). In this screen recording, I open up "Main File". Upon opening it, the linked Publisher file doesn't display properly. So I go through "Main File" using the "cut and undo work" around (This is where you cut the linked Publisher file and then undo the cut to make it render properly). When I get to page 9 of the "Main File" document (at 00:33 in the video) and do the cut and undo workaround, but Publisher crashes (it just disappears in the video and I get taken back to the Finder). I have also included the crash report that was generated after the crash.

Please advise if you need any more info. I'd love to get this issue resolved and so am happy to provide any help as required. 

Many thanks! :)