You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

V2 price & platforms?

Hi,

just got Affinity’s email advising V2 of Publisher is available with a link to Afginity’s website which days for “…All Apps All Platforms No Subscriptions…”.

However, I can find no pricing information about it, either on Affinity’s website or in Apple’s App Store, moreover it does not appear to work on IPhone (or at least my iPhone 11 running latest IOS, nor older versions of Mac’s running systems earlier than v.15…. 
So I’m not sure that the “All Platforms” claim, though I admit that’s just a minor niggling disapointment.

However, I find it very annoying that there is no straightforward, clearly identified and easily found Pricing Information.

Perhaps some kind soul could let me know what costs what, for what? 

Thank you,

Hal.

Did you scroll down the page a bit?

image.png.87898543bce6307414075a2460a9693f.png

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

5 minutes ago, oldwestern said:

So I’m not sure that the “All Platforms” claim, ...

It also says "All Apps", but I assumed it meant all the Affinity apps on all the platforms for which it is available. I didn't think "all apps" meant that I would get every app that has ever been created! 😁

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks for all your swift responses.

Vosje: All means ‘all’ not ‘some’. I think it’s a reasonable expectation to think that ‘all platforms’ in this context included all mobile platforms. That would be something I’m sure many would consider a much welcomed extension to the operational range of devices & operating systems over which Affinity’s suite of programmes work.

Ali: No. Or rather, I thought I had but clearly not far enough. Thank you for pointing that out.

What I do note though is that for iPad versions - at £9.99 for each element of the Affinity suite range - as opposed to the £35.99 for each of the MacOS & Window based versions & £89.99 for a ‘Universal Licence’ enabling access across the entire suite (and I appreciate ‘all platforms’ , ie: Windows, MacOS & iPadOS) - there does not appear to be a similarly discounted ‘Universal Licence’ for the iPad range… or is there? Though I have to say, the iPad price seems very reasonable.

PaulEC: That’s what I took it it to mean.😏🙄😂

3 hours ago, oldwestern said:

there does not appear to be a similarly discounted ‘Universal Licence’ for the iPad range… or is there?

There is not. If you do not need/want the desktop apps, then you would buy the iPad apps individually.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

9 hours ago, oldwestern said:

All means ‘all’ not ‘some’.

Look just above that "All Apps. All Platforms" text & you will see checkmarks for each of the supported versions. Surely that is unambiguous enough to understand what they are referring to?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 minutes ago, oldwestern said:

Well, I looked here and I see no obvious mitigating check marks!

You do not see these checkmarks & the text to their left????

checkmarks.jpg.068eb97c04b6c8da47cb3e874344d98e.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 minute ago, oldwestern said:

No. Click on the link I provided and tell me if you see any check marks!

Yes, if you bother to read a bit and scroll down at all.

If you're going to stop reading with the first page, and not even check to see what the applications are and what your choices are, then no.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Click the above link - no check boxes appear on that page whatsoever!

They may be buried somewhere else, but that’s not the point.

I don’t know about you, but I like adverting  to be clear and direct - not misleading, misdirecting, obscure, hidden, or as in this instance, couched in terms that can be misinterpreted.

Maybe Affinity has a desire by to be seen as the Swiss Arm Penknife of the design world, who knows.
All I know is if it’s not working on phones it cannot be said to be working across ALL PLATFORMS - though I look forward to the day when it truly will!

What are you talking about? I clicked the link you provided and once you scroll down you see the platform options with the check boxes.

Also, iPadOS is clearly shown to be one of the platforms, not iOS. You clearly seem to be trolling, maybe you should go use Adobe software, surely they have all of their software running on phones? Honestly for as long as we have waited for version 2 to arrive it is annoying to have people complain as much as they have these past two days. Serif could have offered an upgrade price of $10 and there still would be some people up in arms, pitchforks raised, ready to burn the place down. 

Screen Shot 2022-11-10 at 10.19.29 PM.png

1 hour ago, oldwestern said:

Click the above link - no check boxes appear on that page whatsoever!

The check boxes are there for me

What browser are you using and are you looking on a mobile or desktop device?

We may need to see a screenshot(s) or video of what you see

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Whether you are browsing on a phone or tablet or desktop computer the intro to Universal License is there and it clearly states that you can get the ENTIRE Affinity suite on all your devices, across macOS, Windows and iPadOS.

If the argument is that a phone is a device, sure, but does it run macOS, Windows or iPadOS? Of course not, if you have an iPhone it runs iOS. An Android phone does not run any of the platforms stated either. 

Now, yes, I did check the link on my iPhone and the checkboxes don't show in that section, for whatever reason, sometimes you have websites that will present differently depending on devices viewing it, but still the Introducing the Universal License section is there, is clear and should put an end to this discussion.

image.png.a496ee7aac9a677db04e2d4dcca72b99.png

2 hours ago, oldwestern said:

No. Click on the link I provided and tell me if you see any check marks!

That link is what I took the screenshot from, so yes, the checkmarks I outlined in red are there. I have no idea why you don't see since everyone else seems to see them just fine.

Affinity Photo 

5 hours ago, oldwestern said:

These are the screenshots of what I see on my iPhone 11 running IOS 15.7

So then you do see this, right?

1630708623_Unilicense.jpg.ff0890214e38f73a776965fb1c191875.jpg

As others have said, note that iPadOS is not the OS that runs iPhones.

Affinity Photo 

9 hours ago, oldwestern said:

These are the screenshots of what I see on my iPhone 11 running IOS 15.7

Try rotating your phone to landscape mode

Affinity 2 Universal  Suite
Desktop:  Apple Mac Studio 2022 model (M1 Ultra) 20 core CPU, 48 core GPU, with 128GB RAM, connected to triple 4k monitors
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro 14" 2021 model (M1 Max) 10 core CPU, 32 core GPU, with 64GB RAM

Cadarnfel: Yes, that works… now.

I tried doing that originally, but didn’t notice any difference.I thought I tried doing that on the page in question, but maybe I only tried the first couple or so of pages and assumed all the rest would be the same.

Perhaps not the best of layout designs.

I take on board what others are saying, ie: that I’m a troll just ‘knocking’ Affinity. That’s not the way I see it.

From my perspective I wanted Affinity to produce a version of Publisher that would work on both iPads & iPhones so that I could amend stuff, mainly text, I produced in Publisher on my ancient iMac. The iPhone, being the device (or platform) I have with me at all times, is naturally the device I would find most useful to have Affinity Publisher working on.

So, the headline claiming “ALL APPS.ALL PLATFORMS.NO SUBSCRIPTION.” really grabbed my attention. 

it was just a series of, for me at least, minor disappointments -  that the ‘all platforms’ didn’t include iPhones, that I couldn’t find the price easily; that although I have an iMac the universal price wouldn’t apply to me because my equipment is too old to support the OS on which the v2 version runs; that the page layout/design was so constructed that it did not display properly on my iPhone when held on normal portrait mode… with nothing to indicate there was anything else to see on that page.

I appreciate there were clarifications about platforms elsewhere in the general advertising blurb, but my feeling remains - the headline was a bit OTT.

That said… I purchased the iPad suite of Affinity’s programs and can see that, as is to be expected of Affinity’s products, they are enormously powerful and worth every penny.

The layout and way things work is different and, the iPad having a much smaller screen, the tool icons are likewise proportionately smaller, making it harder for my 73 year old eyes to see, though I suspect those with better vision will not find it too much of a problem.

For much the same reason, while it’s perfectly possible to navigate Affinity’s screen using a finger, I imagine an iPad pencil would be more helpful. Sadly, as an Apple iPad Pencil is not something I own (yet), I cannot say for sure.

From my albeit brief taster session on each of the packages, my impression is that, all in all, if one is working with Windows, MacOS, iPadOS operating systems, or indeed even on just one, using devices that will support Affinity’s absolutely outstanding, incredibly powerful, versatile & integrated software, then the current price, whether for a single item or the Universal Deal, represents fantastic and unbeatable value for money!