You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to purchase as a Christmas Gift

I'm looking for suggestions on purchasing V2 as a gift (I have already purchased my own personal copy of v2).

This individual has V1.  I'd like to get V2 for him, but I don't want to give away the surprise.   He has a registered Affinity account for his V1 apps, but I'm not sure of the email address and of course I don't have his email password.  I could work with wife and have her purchase it with her email address, but then he would have a different registered email address for V1 vs V2.

Thoughts?

thx.

- Devon

• Staff

Hi @Devon, welcome to the Affinity Forum.

We do not have a gifting facility on the site unfortunately.

To purchase for another individual and it be a surprise you would need to enter their name and email address rather than your own during the checkout process, but this would create a second account.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

7 hours ago, StevenS said:

Hi @Devon, welcome to the Affinity Forum.

We do not have a gifting facility on the site unfortunately.

To purchase for another individual and it be a surprise you would need to enter their name and email address rather than your own during the checkout process, but this would create a second account.

I am in a similar situation. Would it be OK for me to purchase a second universal v2 license under my own account and then, when the time comes, install and register it myself (using my own credentials) on the gift recipient's computer? It only occurred to me that this might be an issue when I discovered that I can only put one universal license in my cart (i.e., there is no facility to purchase more than one license at the same time).

Or is it only 1 universal license per individual account?

Thanks.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Corgi said:

Would it be OK for me to purchase a second universal v2 license under my own account and then, when the time comes, install and register it myself (using my own credentials) on the gift recipient's computer?

Potentially, however issues may arise if they ever need to install again for whatever reason and they would not be able to do so quickly or easily.

1 hour ago, Corgi said:

Or is it only 1 universal license per individual account?

I am not aware of such a restriction, but it would make sense for there to be one. With there being no gifting option two Universal Licences on one account would not be needed.

I cannot think of a practical workaround at this current time, but I will continue suggesting a gifting option be added in the future.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Steven.  

Two questions that may help the situation.  

1). If I knew the promotion price will be valid thru Dec 26th, I could give a card with an IOU and he could purchase it himself.  Do we know the last date the special price ends?

2). I could purchase a second license under a different email address I own as long as the registered email address can be changed afterwards.   Is that possible?

thx  Devon

@Devon

Serif have said the discount promotion will end on December 14th.

Also, that purchases are permanently linked to the email used at the time of purchase and cannot be changed subsequently!

SORRY!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.