You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How long will the introductory offer(s) be on offer?

The key concept of such a marketing strategy is:

Do not ever tell them how long a "limited-time" is.

;) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

4 minutes ago, loukash said:

The key concept of such a marketing strategy is:

Do not ever tell them how long a "limited-time" is.

;) 

Yet they have indicated how long offers will be on for in the past?

I'm guessing the 40% offer will be periodically re-introduced though, so this will likely not be the last chance we'll have

(man this site is slow today)

They have always had discounts in the past, on various occasions. I bought every one of the v1 apps on such offer.
For me, the "Universal License" is actually the most surprising new feature, and so I made use of it right away, especially at such generous discount. This "investment" will cost me about an hour or two of paid work… :D  (Alright, I also just bought an Apple Pencil 1 for my iPad, so it will be about three hours of paid work to get all that money back.)

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

6 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

It is. Loads of people complaining about what is a very generous launch offer for V2!!! 😁

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).

2 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

It'll cost me two weeks of food and beer

Eat less then. :D 

21 minutes ago, awakenedbyowls said:

At a guess there have been more posts in the last 24 hours than in the previous month! 😉

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• Staff

We don't currently have an official end date for this promotion, my apologies. I'd recommend keeping an eye on our social channels for any updates here :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I was watching a YouTube video on some of the new features last night and people in the comments were talking about some one-off deal/error(?) on MS Store that allowed some folk in Brazil to bag the suite for the equivalent of $72?

Anyway, I had a look on MS Store and it states on there that the deal will be on until the 14th Dec - don't know how reliable this but a month or so seems like what I'd expect an initial sale/intro offer to run for, which also allows for a full 30 day trial of the software before taking the plunge

Serif's Patrick Connor advised forum members NOT to expect any further reductions (i.e. NO Black Friday deals) in another thread.

14 December is quoted here:

Ali 🙂

Hobby photographer.
Running Affinity Suite V2 on Windows 11 17" HP Envy i7 (8th Gen) & Windows 11 MS Surface Go 3 alongside MS365 (Insider Beta Channel).